Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Face creams with spf in or not

(33 Posts)
Luckylegs Sat 10-Apr-21 14:16:42

I hope I’m not being thick here but I’ve always sunbathed and paid the price too! I’ve got an odd dark mark on my face and, despite not being in the sun at all for most of the last year, they’re not fading much. I know I should use creams with an spf all the time but I already own tons of creams of one kind or another and they don’t say whether they’ve got spf in.

I’m trying vitamin C serums and all the rest but I know it’s too late for the wrinkles etc. What I wondered was, should I use just ordinary sun cream under my moisturisers every day or is there a generic spf I should apply first?

I wandered about in Boots and Superdrug hoping to find a kind assistant to ask but chickened out so I’m risking asking here.

ElaineI Mon 12-Apr-21 22:52:21

I only use one cream with SPF in it and usually the one on offer. No make up now as it comes off on the masks. I have rosacea and need to see GP about this as I would like referred to dermatology and some professional advice but seems a minor issue just now. I had a BCC removed from my leg about 4 years ago so need to be careful in the sun.

DillytheGardener Mon 12-Apr-21 23:16:33

Whitewavemark2 could you please add a link to the exact clarins sunscreen product you use? I couldn’t find it online and would like to purchase it. I had a fake tan from them and it was fab, no stickiness so hoping the sunscreen will be the same.

Shinamae Mon 12-Apr-21 23:20:34

And I swear by this...

BlueBelle Tue 13-Apr-21 05:55:29

Every time I read this title I can’t get past thinking it’s the word Johnson likes using and wondering what it’s doing in face cream ?. (work that one out)

vegansrock Tue 13-Apr-21 07:14:57

Heliocare are a Spanish brand I like their tinted moisturiser which is spf50, good for dry skin and you don’t need a foundation.

Shinamae Tue 13-Apr-21 10:39:16

vegansrock

Heliocare are a Spanish brand I like their tinted moisturiser which is spf50, good for dry skin and you don’t need a foundation.

I had an endymed procedure at a clinic and this is what they gave to me to use while my skin recovered from the procedure and when it was used up I bought some myself I do find it very good but it’s not cheap, well not to me....?

Cambia Tue 13-Apr-21 10:44:02

I use sun cream everyday over moisture and can recommend a Greek firm called Frezyderm (available from Amazon). They do a factor 30 and 50 and also a colour tint 50. I find these really good and wear them in Greece and the UK without burning. I find I don’t need makeup on top of the tint, so that saves a layer!