Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Foot peel masks

(21 Posts)
GagaJo Sun 16-May-21 11:22:20

I am fast developing an addiction to these (well, two in six months so far!).

They come as a pair of plastic bag booties that you put on your feet and leave on for a couple of hours. They have a very mild form of 'chemical peel' ingredients in them.

After the soaking time is up, you rinse your feet clean.

You then have to soak your feet in water for 30 minutes or so a day, and then wait for the peeling to begin.

Last time I did it, the dramatic 'snake shedding its skin' peel didn't happen but I DID rub a lot of dead skin off while soaking my feet. Incredibly, after the peeling had finished my feet, which normally have a lot of build up on the heels and on the ball of my foot were hard skin free and very soft. They looked like the the feet of a 20 year old!

foxie48 Sun 16-May-21 11:24:16

Oooh, interesting. My daughter told me how good they were but I bought the wrong type. What make did you buy and where from please?

Peasblossom Sun 16-May-21 11:31:28

I bought on ages ago but darent use it in case all my skin falls off.

Does it make the soft tender bits sore!

GagaJo Sun 16-May-21 11:32:19

I bought mine online. I think the best are the Baby Foot ones but they are quite expensive. The ones I used last night are Skymore.

I can feel that they are working because the skin on my feet feels dry and tight.

Usually, I leave them on longer than the packet says. The first time I used a foot peel, I left on for the official time and nothing happened. So now I leave on for longer and they work better.

Read the reviews of any you buy though. I was going to buy a different type until I read the reviews. Lots of people had allergic reactions to them.

GagaJo Sun 16-May-21 11:33:58

No, only the dead skin. Although this time I put some vaseline on the top of my foot, because it peeled last time and didn't really need to.

I read up on them before using them last time and a woman at Baby Foot said they are safe to use monthly.

If they can make my trotters look nice, they will work for anyone!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-May-21 11:42:22

My secret is out...

I absolutely love these peel bootees

(I had used one seven days before I broke my foot and ankle, the radiographer was less than impressed when I left a copious amount of shedding skin on his X-Ray table, my explanation fell on deaf ears ??)

SueDonim Sun 16-May-21 14:06:41

You need to be wary of these. A friend did a foot peel recently. Her skin sloughed off so badly she could barely walk for three days because the red, exposed skin was so painful.

Skcr Sat 22-May-21 22:14:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AlAlex Thu 27-May-21 01:09:42

SueDonim

You need to be wary of these. A friend did a foot peel recently. Her skin sloughed off so badly she could barely walk for three days because the red, exposed skin was so painful.

Yes, it is important not to overdo. My sister had the same problem.

Doodledog Thu 27-May-21 01:16:06

I'm another fan of them. in fact I used one last night and am awaiting the results to appear ?

It's kind of horrible and compelling at the same time. When you get out of the bath the skin on your feet is hanging off in sheets. My husband can't bear to look, but I am fascinated, and the new skin underneath is so soft and smooth.

The ones I use are called Infinitive, and I get them on eBay. I have used them numerous times, and have had no soreness issues.

Trisha57 Wed 02-Jun-21 19:33:53

I've had so many good recommendations on Gransnet for various beauty products that I've ordered 2 packs of the Baby Soft foot peel packs. I'm looking forward to having baby soft feet! I'm with Doodledog, I'm fascinated by peeling skin smile

Summerlove Wed 02-Jun-21 20:04:03

I always hear such good things about peels, but I’m so afraid to try them
Instead I bough little half socks (my toes like to be free as I sleep) that have a gel insert in them.

I slather my heels with moisteriser and sleep in them. Heels are much better after a few days! Then I just use once or twice a week as they are reusable.
This isn’t the brand I bought, but similar to this www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G83LPWN?pf_rd_p=ec81c384-e37e-4b31-97c3-529db15e8630&pd_rd_wg=BiWhE&pf_rd_r=M5S80EW3NSX37PMKBSYM&pd_rd_i=B07G83LPWN&pd_rd_w=qcfPW&tag=gransnetforum-21&pd_rd_r=958258d4-ea08-486a-9340-5684642ecbbb

GrandmasueUK Wed 02-Jun-21 20:11:15

I wanted to try these but as a diabetic I’ve been warned off them in case they damage my feet.

bikergran Wed 02-Jun-21 20:18:22

They do sell them in Home Bargains for around 99p but not sure how/if they work. I will give them a try this next week and report back smile

Niobe Wed 02-Jun-21 21:14:36

I buy them in Poundland for £1 and they are great! I leave it for the recommended time and no longer. 5-7 days later the hard skin falls away. Poundland also have a similar product ie plastic bootees that moisturise feet (no peeling) and I buy those too.

GagaJo Sun 06-Jun-21 22:50:23

Remember to soak your feet for an hour or so daily afterwards. It helps the peeling a lot.

I never get the sheets of skin peeling off, but the same amount comes off in little bits.

I also bought a small hard skin shaver to get the extra hard skin off my heels. My feet have not been in such good condition since I was a child. Baby soft indeed!

Trisha57 Fri 11-Jun-21 10:24:35

Well I used the foot peel bootie thing a couple of days ago, and this morning after my shower I have some flaking skin around my big toe! I can't wait to see what happens next. Watch this space...

Blossoming Fri 11-Jun-21 12:33:30

I’Ve just ordered some online. I try to keep my feet in good condition but I have trouble reaching them grin

goose1964 Mon 21-Jun-21 15:28:44

As an alternative you can use a foot mask, similar application more but almost immediate results

Blossoming Mon 21-Jun-21 15:35:31

I tried the foot peel, didn’t notice any peeling skin but my feet do feel softer. I’ll do it again at the weekend and see if I get any peeling.

Trisha57 Tue 22-Jun-21 09:50:44

The peeling has got rid of all the hard skin around my toes, but not much anywhere else although, like you Blossoming, they do feel a bit softer. I will use the other one I bought tomorrow and maybe leave it on a bit longer than the recommended 30 minutes.