Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Love leggings...

(13 Posts)
MayBee70 Sat 05-Jun-21 15:26:29

Have just bought some of their crop leggings in a size 14 (my usual size) but can hardly squeeze into them. Has anyone else found their sizings a bit on the small size? Or am I just in lockdown weight gain denial?

Maggiemaybe Sat 05-Jun-21 19:52:02

Oh, I thought this was a thread about loving your leggings. I do love mine, but they're all from M & S and Sainsburys. Sorry I can't help. smile

Doodledog Sat 05-Jun-21 19:59:47

I love Love Leggings! I don't find them small, but they look it when you take them out of the bag, or after you wash them.

They have 4 way stretch, so if you put them on properly they stay put all day. I think they are the best leggings on the market, and I have tried countless brands over the years.

I've just had a thought - I get the high waisted ones. I find them better for larger tums?. The standard ones don't fit me as well. If you send them back they will replace them no problem - their customer service is great.

Blossoming Sat 05-Jun-21 20:00:47

How disappointing. I’ve never tried them but a traditionally built friend who I also very tall enthuses about them.

EllanVannin Sat 05-Jun-21 20:13:49

I'd look too much like Max Wall.

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 05-Jun-21 20:17:21

My favourite legging are White Stuff, which I buy from John Lewis.

MrsAllboys Sat 05-Jun-21 20:28:16

EllanVannin. That takes me back; I liked watching Max Wall when I was a child but my mother thought him vulgar and inappropriate and stopped me!!

Marydoll Sat 05-Jun-21 20:32:32

Never heard of them, I'm off for a look!

I tend to by M&S, Wallis and White Stuff. I have also bought bamboo ones from Thought.

I like to wear them under dresses, as I have old woman's legs!!!

Coolgran65 Sat 05-Jun-21 21:38:07

I wear them under dresses. Couldn’t wear dresses otherwise because I also have old woman legs.
I always size up with leggings for belly cover.

MayBee70 Sat 05-Jun-21 22:12:22

I live in leggings. Have done for years now. Trouble is you don’t get a warning when you put inches on as they stretch with you. So my usual size 14’s have probably stretched to a 16 now. Just need to work out how to send them back. Seems to be a lot of downloading and scanning involved and I don’t have a smart phone....

NotAGran55 Sat 05-Jun-21 22:19:16

I have 4 pairs of Love Leggings petite and love them . They are true to size but do shrink a little if tumble dried . Great quality, lovely colours , don’t stretch or bag , and guaranteed to be non- see though like some brands .

MayBee70 Wed 04-Aug-21 17:33:28

How strange. As I didn’t know how to return them I put them in a drawer. Just rued them on and, although they’re still pretty tight I can actually get into them. And this is with me not getting as much exercise as usual due to a bad knee. Most peculiar…..

MayBee70 Wed 04-Aug-21 17:33:42

…tried….