Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

To wear shorts out and about or just at home?

(60 Posts)
Jaxjacky Fri 11-Jun-21 14:08:20

I don’t wear short shorts at all, but denim cutoffs, or others, about 2/3‘’ above the knee I wear all summer, just about to go and see my GP in mine.

Lin52 Fri 11-Jun-21 14:01:06

Unable to wear shorts, but great for those that can and do.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 11-Jun-21 13:57:24

I might add that all my shorts come to just above the knee.

Redhead56 Fri 11-Jun-21 13:56:55

Three quarter length for me because of veins in my legs.

Amberone Fri 11-Jun-21 13:56:22

I personally only wear shorts if I'm in the garden, at the beach or hiking/cycling in the Summer but I don't see why anyone shouldn't wear them if they want to. Each to their own. I just like to wear dresses/skirts in the Summer if I'm out and about shopping, visiting, etc.

In colder weather I live in jeggings or jeans, so it's nice to be able to dress up a little bit.

JaneJudge Fri 11-Jun-21 13:55:45

Wear shorts if you want to. I wear shorts, I wouldn't necessarily say they are short shorts. The ones I am wearing today are a bit like a skirt and come just above the knee.

Have you ever looked at ANYONE and thought they shouldn't be wearing shorts?

Blossoming Fri 11-Jun-21 13:54:51

I wear denim or cotton cargo shorts out in summer if it’s hot. They’re not tiny shorts though.

tanith Fri 11-Jun-21 13:54:11

I wear longer shorts or cut offs a lot of the time in Summer but keep my shorter shorts for the garden or beach. I’m lucky my legs are ok and tan really quickly.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 11-Jun-21 13:52:40

Yes, particularly on the beach. Also if going for a good walk I may wear shorts in the hot weather.

I’m 75 btw.

Bea65 Fri 11-Jun-21 13:42:50

Would you wear short shorts ? I like to wear shorts under midi dresses with slits at sides ...like to wear shorts at home but am not confident to wear out...