Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Grey Hair advice from gransnet

(3 Posts)
ExD Sat 19-Jun-21 09:26:54

Please Admin, can we have an up to date advice page on this?
The one we already have (Grey Hair and how to Look Stylish) is about transitioning to grey and is good as far as it goes, but not much help once we've achieved that transition.
How do we deal with the change in texture, the shedding and thinning, up to date styles, etc?
And please can we have some realistic models? The ones we have are lovely ladies, but very few of us look like that now.

FannyCornforth Sat 19-Jun-21 09:36:24

Hello ExD I think that you would be better off Googling 'grey hair maintenance' or whatever, I know that there is loads of information out there, including 'support groups'.
They are never going to show 'realistic models' (surely a contradiction in terms!). I'm not sure that they exist - regardless of age smile

M0nica Sat 19-Jun-21 17:17:29

But what is a realistic model? Older people come in so many varieties, in height, size, hair, style. I have a cousin, tall and slim, it is her build, with just that same elegant way with her and beautiful hair. She is over 80.

That is the problem with doing anything which requires older people to illustrate anything, We can be anything from 60 to 100+ in age, tall, short, everything from very thin to very large.

90% of older people are going to be alienated by 90% of the older representations of people their age that they see.

What is the solution?