Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Social Media

(8 Posts)
shannon93 Thu 15-Jul-21 23:21:59

How do you hear about new brands? Do any of you use instagram like the younger generation? I find I spend a lot of time on Facebook but wondering if I should try instagram.

Ro60 Fri 16-Jul-21 01:12:41

Grans-net for me ?

Shirleyw Fri 16-Jul-21 05:38:48

Not thought about that…..I suppose I stick to my usual brands or any new ones I might look at through word of mouth or pick up ideas on ‘gransnet’.!

I use Instagram…post pics of my food occasionally ??

Kim19 Fri 16-Jul-21 05:51:44

I don't use any of them other than GN. Don't even know how to access them. Son opened me a FB account years ago but I found it boring and pointless. Suspect I wasn't using it properly. These sites were taking a bad press at the time so maybe I erred on the side of caution. Either way, I've never found the need.

BigBertha1 Fri 16-Jul-21 06:08:56

I only have FB and Gransnet I enjoy a magazine occasionally and the weekend paper colour supplements.

Calendargirl Fri 16-Jul-21 07:13:37

Don’t use many, but would probably try new ones recommended on tv adverts or in weekend magazine supplements.

tanith Fri 16-Jul-21 07:38:37

I have FB, Instagram and Watsapp but not for adverts my family post pictures and we have a family Watsapp group where we post birthday greetings and they post pics and videos we can all share. It saves having to make multiple posts or phone calls as everyone can join in and we all keep up to date with goings on.

M0nica Fri 16-Jul-21 08:12:38

I have a makeup routine that relies almost entirely on moisteriser, one that I am not allergic to. Pick up occasional ideas for changes from pictures in newspapers and magazines.

DD also makes suggestions. Thanks to her I now have my eybrows tinted and shaped every six weeks.

I am really not interested in new brands. I have a lot of skin allergies and having found products my skin is happy with, I do not risk chaanging them.