Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Strappy tops

(7 Posts)
Grandmadinosaur Tue 20-Jul-21 15:41:44

Can anyone recommend somewhere for comfy strappy or vest tops that skim over the lockdown muffin top please? I’m not especially big across the shoulders or boobs just the belly thanks to lockdown. I’ve tried M&S but if I go up a size or two then I get gaping around the arm hole. Any ideas please?

NotSpaghetti Tue 20-Jul-21 15:55:22

I would be interested in this for those of us with a fuller bust to be honest.
My problem is gaping armholes generally.

The assumption is larger bust = fatter arms.
I'd like more fullness over the bust, and the shoulders/arms to be cut "as usual".

Thanks.

GagaJo Tue 20-Jul-21 18:19:54

I have this and another problem, in that I'm quite short waisted. So what I do now is shorten the straps. They lift the top/dress up and it also solves the problem of the gaping under the arms.

I bought a couple of dresses at the beginning of the summer and they were massively too long AND too long in the waist, plus had gaping arm spaces. Once I'd lifted them, by shortening the straps, the waist was in the right place, I didn't need to hem the bottom AND the arm gap problem was solved.

lemongrove Tue 20-Jul-21 18:31:33

M&S do some vest tops that drape really well ( and are cheap)
Yes, there is some arm gapping but I wear the same coloured bra underneath which fixes that problem.

Blossoming Tue 20-Jul-21 19:12:54

Google cami swing top, they should skim over any bulges without being bigger on top.

Grandmadinosaur Tue 20-Jul-21 20:58:18

Thank you all. I did as you suggest Blossoming a lot of choice don’t quite know where to start!

Daisydaisydaisy Fri 30-Jul-21 11:38:51

Hello there,
Take a look at Kettlewell...good quality and they advise what ones will suit you for Your colouring wink