Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Chub rub

(21 Posts)
Sunlover Wed 28-Jul-21 08:39:38

I’m a size 14/16 and during the warmer weather I fine that if I wear a skirt or dress I end up with sore innner thighs. I have so many pretty dresses hanging in my wardrobe. Well, this summer I have discovered Big Bloomers and bought 3 brightly coloured pairs of big bloomers. They are so comfy and I can now wear dresses on the hottest of days. Not the sexiest underwear but who cares!!

Granmarderby10 Wed 28-Jul-21 08:51:08

Morning Sunlover ! What are they made of. I don’t get chub rub but would prefer something with more coverage in case there’s a sudden gale wind. I’ve noticed that even “big knickers” do a better job of covering my tummy than posterior ?

lemongrove Wed 28-Jul-21 09:22:59

Sounds a bit hot in this weather, couldn’t you just talc the area?

Sunlover Wed 28-Jul-21 09:26:11

They are very thin. Don’t feel hot when wearing. To be honest I didn’t feel like I was wearing anything.
Don’t like talc.

CafeAuLait Wed 28-Jul-21 09:34:24

I wear cotton short leggings under my dresses if I'm walking much in them. Stops the chaff!

Granmarderby10 Wed 28-Jul-21 09:44:30

CafeAuLait where sells them? Would like some. Was considering chopping a couple of light grey ones down and hemming them

Blossoming Wed 28-Jul-21 09:50:45

Snag tights do chub rub shorts in various colours. A chap stick is useful for chub rub prevention, a lot of runners carry one.

shysal Wed 28-Jul-21 10:35:29

I rarely wear dresses, but have some culottes that look like a waist slip. However, unfortunately this extra layer defeats the object of choosing to wear a cool dress.

Daisymae Wed 28-Jul-21 11:17:23

M & S have a couple of styles - they call them cycling shorts no idea why, I'm sure that cycling is not compulsory!

jaylucy Wed 28-Jul-21 11:24:07

Try Yours Clothing.
Range of clothing for the more luscious ladies! They call them comfort shorts in the lingerie section

Hetty58 Wed 28-Jul-21 11:29:59

I did buy the Snag Tights ones - but was so disappointed with them. They are just like the tops of tights, hardly comfortable in hot weather. I need some light, non-restrictive, cotton shorts!

Sunlover Wed 28-Jul-21 11:53:35

My ones are from a company called Big Bloomers.

Hetty58 Wed 28-Jul-21 12:02:22

Sunlover, are they stretch cotton - or more like tights? I do have some dance shorts that are lightweight and comfortable - so maybe I'll buy more.

PinkCosmos Wed 28-Jul-21 12:05:37

I have bought some Sloggi ones. They are like their ordinary knickers but with a longer leg. They don't roll up or feel too hot.

Musky17 Wed 28-Jul-21 12:08:44

Big Bloomers latest style are called Lexi Anti Chafing Shorts £8.95 They only do black so far, but they are really good, I’m size 18-20 but I ordered the smallest size by mistake, but fits a treat, very stretchy and don’t ride up. Wash & dry fast.

Aldom Wed 28-Jul-21 13:15:00

I often see an advert for The Big Bloomer Company. They sell Anti Chafing Slip Shorts which are made in Italy. They are 'breathable', soft and lightweight. Also seamless.
www.thebigbloomerscompany.co.uk

Sunlover Wed 28-Jul-21 13:27:31

Thanks for adding the link I don’t know how to. I bought 3 pairs in yellow, green and pink. My friend bought some from SnagTights and although cheaper they are much thinner and have already laddered. Worth paying a little extra I think.

123kitty Wed 28-Jul-21 13:33:24

Try liquid talc (it's in the baby section) only £1

Pittcity Wed 28-Jul-21 14:25:57

I use Lanacane anti chafe gel. The RRP is high but it can often be found in Savers, B&M etc at a much lower price. Useful for shoes that rub too.

CafeAuLait Thu 29-Jul-21 11:13:32

Granmarderby10

CafeAuLait where sells them? Would like some. Was considering chopping a couple of light grey ones down and hemming them

I usually get them from the fitness section of department stores. Not too many seem to have cotton ones these days though.

LucyLocket55 Thu 29-Jul-21 14:12:47

Sorry to be personal, and gentlemen please look away.

I found that the problem of my chub rub was caused by my knickers getting damp for any reason whatsoever. The use of a daily knicker liner and talc on my inner thighs has stopped any chafing.