Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Fed up of jeans

(59 Posts)
grannyrebel7 Wed 27-Oct-21 11:05:50

I wear jeans nearly every day and am sick of them now. I want some trousers that are not jeggings or leggings or anything old ladyish. Any suggestions where I can get these please? I've looked online and in M&S, Primark and a few other places, but I have seen nothing I like.

hollysteers Sat 20-Nov-21 01:35:55

If you don’t want to look old ladyish or mumsy, why don’t you try leather look (pleather) or black trousers with a slight sheen giving a similar look.
They don’t have to look tarty if you put the right things with them.

Elrel Sat 20-Nov-21 00:39:24

I like trousers to have proper pockets, deep side pockets similar to those in men’s trousers. Please can anyone recommend any currently available? Thank you.

annab275 Thu 18-Nov-21 17:39:21

Inspired by this thread I have put my jeans away. I had been been feeling decidedly dumpy and frumpy, although comfortable so I have rooted out my Robell trousers and rediscovered my wardrobe - I am now feeling a lot smarter!

nadateturbe Thu 04-Nov-21 17:27:37

Im glad you think so Lucca. I wasn't sure what you would think. I know people have used it.

Lucca Thu 04-Nov-21 16:31:19

nadateturbe

Perhaps your bank statement would prove date of purchase but I'm not sure it's worth the bother for a small amount.

That’s a good idea

Calistemon Thu 04-Nov-21 10:55:59

Calistemon

moggiek

I second M0nica’s suggestion about Lands End trousers.

Oh good, because I ordered some today.

The tops I ordered in the summer were good quality and washed well and today there was a discount on many winter items.

I liked the Land's End for trousers so ordered more as they have a discount at the moment.

nadateturbe Thu 04-Nov-21 10:21:40

Perhaps your bank statement would prove date of purchase but I'm not sure it's worth the bother for a small amount.

nadateturbe Thu 04-Nov-21 10:18:44

Probably Lucca unfortunately.

Nacky Thu 04-Nov-21 08:48:17

I have some cords from Seasalt bought 2-3 years ago which have washed well and still look good. I wear them all winter and have three pairs - navy, grey and plum - which work with lots of tops. Mine have front zips (I think someone mentioned side buttons) and quite narrow legs. As for jeans NYDJ are great. Expensive (but my last pair were half price in a sale) but a pair lasts me about four years and I wear them a lot. Sizing is odd but when you get it right they fit well and look good.

Lucca Thu 04-Nov-21 08:30:38

Josianne

nadateturbe

White Stuff are now doing 25% off. So annoying. I bought 4 tops last week at 20% off. angry

Really? Me too, cords and a dress. Grrr.

I bought one a while ago and want to return it but I’ve lost receipt….I guess I would get a credit note but fir the lower price ?

Riverwalk Thu 04-Nov-21 08:15:28

Nothing wrong with larger women wearing leggings but a short top does them no favours.

Allsorts Thu 04-Nov-21 07:48:05

I love jeans dark blue or black, dress them up or down.Bought some lovely trousers in navy and black but not worn them yet. Hope they are not one of those buys that stay on the hanger.After buying three pairs of jeggings I have gone off them and just wear them walkingthe park. Leggings I wear in the house with big sweatshirts and a thermal underneath when the weather gets colder. A look I see frequently is very, very large ladies with skin tight leggings and short tops, it’s fascinating to me that they stretch so far.

Nanna58 Tue 02-Nov-21 12:03:03

I got fed up of of jeans so have gone ‘ Athleisure’ wide leg tracksuit trousers with a side stripe and zip at ankle M&S ; and some slouchy soft jumpers( White stuff and Hush) couple of pairs of smart trainers - I’m good to go !

M0nica Sat 30-Oct-21 20:14:59

I know what 'dressy' means, and , yes I agree, if I was going somewhere dressy, I wouldn't wear jeans, but then I wouldn't wear anything dressy while going about my ordinary business, Wearing a mother-of-the-bride outfit for doing a the weeks supermarket shop, for example, or having coffee with a friend would look out of place.

But I am at a loss as to what 'ladylike' means, so cannot say whether wearing jeans is ladylike or not, also what has age got to do with it?

The older we are the more varied we are in how we age. I have a tall slim cousin, who was 80 this year. She is one of those people who, even in old age, could look elegant dressed in a black plastic binbag.

nadateturbe Fri 29-Oct-21 23:18:37

I see nothing unladylike about females wearing jeans - at any age. It's a matter of personal choice.

Calistemon Fri 29-Oct-21 23:11:35

mrsgreenfingers56

Personally I would never wear jeans, nothing lady like or dressy about them at all in my view especially on older women. Find M & S quite good for trousers but I am a dress or skirt girl!

I'm not ladylike anyway.

mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 29-Oct-21 22:53:45

Personally I would never wear jeans, nothing lady like or dressy about them at all in my view especially on older women. Find M & S quite good for trousers but I am a dress or skirt girl!

Josianne Fri 29-Oct-21 20:27:44

nadateturbe

White Stuff are now doing 25% off. So annoying. I bought 4 tops last week at 20% off. angry

Really? Me too, cords and a dress. Grrr.

nadateturbe Fri 29-Oct-21 09:47:49

SynchroSwimmer Thu 28-Oct-21 23:00:51

I have about 7 pairs of these....any colour you like...with a touch of lycra and so comfortable...

Robell - Marie

sosimply.com/marie-crop-07

Calistemon Thu 28-Oct-21 22:45:00

moggiek

I second M0nica’s suggestion about Lands End trousers.

Oh good, because I ordered some today.

The tops I ordered in the summer were good quality and washed well and today there was a discount on many winter items.

Mancjules Thu 28-Oct-21 22:20:19

Love Robell trousers and jeans. Fab fit and not old ladyish at all! Plenty of colours and designs. Find them online or in independant shops.

Grannycool52 Thu 28-Oct-21 21:12:06

I like Brax jeans and corduroys. I have a few pairs of Brax cords in different colours and just got 2 new pairs of Brax velours.

Scones Thu 28-Oct-21 18:19:34

I live in dungarees these days. I find them so comfortable and they make me feel young and hippy chic. Whether they make me look young and hippy chic is another matter grin. I have three pairs, one White Stuff and two Seasalt. All lovely quality and cut. Not for everyone, but I like them.

Susieboo58 Thu 28-Oct-21 17:59:27

I got some lovely navy trousers with a tiny bit of stretch from Roman Originals they look smart and very comfortable . A nice change from jeans but still casual .