Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

The dreaded toe post sandals

(40 Posts)
Esspee Sat 21-May-22 07:30:17

I agree with Jane43 FitFlops the brand not flip flops are like walking on air.
I have eight pairs with the latest being delivered today. I have had plantar fasciitis in the past and couldn’t stand without pain first thing in the morning until I bought FitFlops.
The ones with a toe post are very comfortable.

Jane43 Sat 21-May-22 07:21:35

I have had that problem in the past but now I always buy FitFlops which are very comfortable.

BlueBalou Sat 21-May-22 07:07:06

I cannot wear toe posts at all, they’re so uncomfortable and give me blisters between my toes in minutes ?
I have crocs sliders and they are incredibly comfortable, washable and come in a range of colours.

Pantglas2 Fri 20-May-22 10:52:26

timetogo2016

I read today that you can be fined £1000 for driving in flipflops.
Just thought i would give you the thumbs up Gransnetters.

It’s always been the case in Spain so I keep a pair of pumps in the drivers door storage for slipping on when I’m wearing my car-to-bar heels ??!

timetogo2016 Fri 20-May-22 10:40:51

I read today that you can be fined £1000 for driving in flipflops.
Just thought i would give you the thumbs up Gransnetters.

shysal Fri 20-May-22 10:27:36

I can't wear them either as I have bunions and crossed toes. For holiday, house or garden I have a pair of cloud sliders which are the most comfortable flip flops I have tried, and the shaped foot bed means that they don't slip off on my steep lawn.
cloud sliders on Amazon

henetha Fri 20-May-22 10:26:30

Toe posts hurt my feet.
And I tend to agree with Shinamae above,- my feet are best hidden from public view these days.

Shinamae Fri 20-May-22 10:06:35

My feet are so ugly I don’t wear sandals at all! ?

tanith Fri 20-May-22 10:05:11

I have lots of flip flops it’s generally what I wear in the Summer. I buy ones with a shaped base though not the very flat sole ones. I find those that are shaped so your toes grip something very comfortable. They do make some with a cloth toe post which you may find more comfy

rosie1959 Fri 20-May-22 09:59:46

I gave up on toe post sandals years ago always seem to rub and make my feet sore.
I now get most of my sandals from Moshulu I have quite a collection all slip on sliders and they do such an amazing range of colours

Urmstongran Fri 20-May-22 09:58:13

I bought 2 identical lovely pairs of Havianas flip flops with toe posts. The pair i left in Spain are comfortable but the pair I brought back here are agony on one foot. I might have to hop in Ibiza next week ... No rhyme or reason with this!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 20-May-22 09:54:04

I have pairs of toe post sandals which are extremely comfortable and some which are not.
I have a beautiful pair of L K Bennet ones which are torturous, I should consign them to the charity shop, but they are just too pretty to part with.

Aveline Fri 20-May-22 09:50:13

I really hate toe post sandals and only go for slip on ones aka 'sliders' apparently.

MiniMoon Fri 20-May-22 09:48:26

I can't stand sandals with toe posts, I would never get used to them!
I bought a pair of rocket dog slip on sandals which I refer to as flip flops.

Audi10 Fri 20-May-22 09:01:34

Always look forward to Spring & Summer when I can get my flip flops out, bought some really pretty ones but silly me only walked a few steps in the supermarket in them, as had the ties round and although I did untie them, you couldn’t really walk more than few steps, so hence this morning walking round my home the plastic toe post is really rubbing in between toes! Suppose I should just suck it up and get used to them,