Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

what colour pedicure?

(68 Posts)
CanadianGran Mon 04-Jul-22 23:27:29

I'm gong for a gel polish pedicure soon, what colour shall I get?

My normal is a bright coral for summer, but that feels too ordinary now for me. What colour do you have?

Anrol Wed 06-Jul-22 15:50:47

The colour for nails this season is white.

Summerfly Wed 06-Jul-22 16:20:41

French polish for me. It goes with everything.

CanadianGran Wed 06-Jul-22 17:53:29

Anrol, I did think about white, but it needs to be the right one! I was tempted by a very pale lilac, almost white, but opted for the pale blue instead.

HillyN Wed 06-Jul-22 18:05:44

I really like the pale denim blue! I don't usually bother with my toe nails but you've all made me think I should give it a go.

Bellanonna Wed 06-Jul-22 18:40:42

All colours under the sun. Currently navy. At 81 I enjoy variety!

Theoddbird Wed 06-Jul-22 19:29:17

Gel polish ruins the nails. I would never have them done. Took six months for my nails to recover by growing out. Never again...

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jul-22 20:21:17

I’ve had shellac on my toesfor about 20 years Theoddbird but it’s off over the winter, never have anything on my hands, no problems.

Yammy Thu 07-Jul-22 09:54:14

At the moment mine are a neutral very pale beige that DD bought. Rouge Noir or Lincoln park in the dark a very dark purple/blue is my usual choice.
On my hand's always Dior Show which I might give a try on my toes.

Casdon Thu 07-Jul-22 11:08:45

Theoddbird

Gel polish ruins the nails. I would never have them done. Took six months for my nails to recover by growing out. Never again...

It doesn’t affect your toe nails in the same way as your fingernails for some reason Theoddbird. I think they must be thicker and stronger than your fingernails to start with, and as Jaxjacky says, you only wear it for six months of the year anyway. I think it’s worthwhile having them done, because they also grow more slowly than fingernails, so the polish looks good for longer.

Jaxjacky Thu 07-Jul-22 14:32:41

Done!

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 16:55:42

Super Summery JaxJacky! ?

Jaxjacky Thu 07-Jul-22 16:58:25

Thank you.

FannyCornforth Thu 07-Jul-22 17:14:21

I haven’t painted my toe nails for literally years, but hope to very soon - when I can bend properly.
But I’m not sure if I’ll be sharing my Morticia like tappers
(a little bit of Polari)

Urmstongran Sat 09-Jul-22 17:14:06

I had mine done a couple of days ago.

AmberSpyglass Sat 09-Jul-22 17:19:27

I usually match my toes and hands, but red never goes wrong in my opinion! The brighter the better. If it would make my grandmother tut and imply I’m no better than I ought to be (and I’m not) then it’s the right shade.

Craicon Sat 09-Jul-22 17:45:16

Theoddbird

Not really. Sounds like you went to someone poorly trained or using cheap Chinese made products? I’ve had that done once but then I decided to do a course to learn more.

You shouldn’t need to file the natural nail other than a very light buff if very ridged so I’m guessing your nails were over buffed and thinned too much?

My current colour is a bright shiny purple. I absolutely love purple. ?

Terryms Mon 11-Jul-22 04:35:44

I prefer using light colors for the pedicure. My favorite one is a beige