Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Brightening Shampoo for Gray Hair

(12 Posts)
glamm7h Tue 19-Jul-22 04:33:08

I'm in search of a great shampoo for gray hair. I've been disappointed by several that claim to cancel yellow, tone, add shine or give life to natural gray hair. They have done nothing for my hair. I want a shampoo that brightens my silver/white gray hair and gives it a healthy look.

MrsKen33 Tue 19-Jul-22 13:07:17

Are you in America, the way you spell grey. ? UK good shampoos are John Frieda and L’Oreal. Both do very good brightening shampoos.

GagaJo Tue 19-Jul-22 13:24:05

I've recently tried a product by Schwarzkopf called Drops. They are the only thing that has worked to tone down the yellow in my hair. I use the grey one, mixed in with a blue conditioner, which I then leave on for 4 hours (not suggesting others do this, but it works for me).

I use the grey one, but they come in other colours.

glamm7h Wed 20-Jul-22 05:51:48

MrsKen33

Are you in America, the way you spell grey. ? UK good shampoos are John Frieda and L’Oreal. Both do very good brightening shampoos.

I am in America, my spelling of the word, gray, told on me, didn't it? Do you know the name of the particular John Frieda and L'Oreal shampoos you have used to brighten your hair? Thank you for sharing your recommendations.

glamm7h Wed 20-Jul-22 05:53:35

GagaJo

I've recently tried a product by Schwarzkopf called Drops. They are the only thing that has worked to tone down the yellow in my hair. I use the grey one, mixed in with a blue conditioner, which I then leave on for 4 hours (not suggesting others do this, but it works for me).

I use the grey one, but they come in other colours.

Thank you, I'll see if I can locate the Schwarzkopf Drops.

MawtheMerrier Wed 20-Jul-22 07:31:11

Four hours Gagajo ?
No way!
Try this instead as your regular conditioner along with L’Oréal Série Experte in Platinum or Magnesium .
It costs about £6.75 and as I only use a centimetre or two, one sachet easily lasts me a month

glamm7h Wed 20-Jul-22 21:44:30

MawtheMerrier

*Four hours Gagajo* ?
No way!
Try this instead as your regular conditioner along with L’Oréal Série Experte in Platinum or Magnesium .
It costs about £6.75 and as I only use a centimetre or two, one sachet easily lasts me a month

I haven't seen this product in the US. Hopefully, I can find some! Thank you

davidrozman Mon 01-Aug-22 10:44:07

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Georgesgran Mon 01-Aug-22 11:22:35

Although this is an advert and the same person has posted a similar ad on another forum, I think it’s too harmless to report?

Lilliesmum79 Mon 01-Aug-22 11:43:29

I've been using Head & Shoulders shampoo gets rid of yellow and brightens white hair. Leaves it lovely and soft too?

glamm7h Tue 02-Aug-22 05:10:03

Lilliesmum79

I've been using Head & Shoulders shampoo gets rid of yellow and brightens white hair. Leaves it lovely and soft too?

Are you referring to regular Head & Shoulders anti-dandruff shampoo? I didn't know the shampoo contained anti-yellowing ingredients. Thank you!

Lilliesmum79 Tue 02-Aug-22 09:21:41

Yes the ordinary anti dandruff one