Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Does anyone have this Seasalt dress?

(16 Posts)
Shirley48 Wed 27-Jul-22 15:57:48

I quite like the look of this Seasalt dress, but we don’t have a shop nearby. I believe their returns are free, so I could order it and see, I guess. I just wondered how loose it was / how fitted at the top. I don’t wan’t to look pregnant!

muse Wed 27-Jul-22 16:44:44

I have a couple of Seasalt tunic dresses and rely on their free returns. There are a lot of reviews about this dress. Many like it and say it very generous. I had a size smaller for the two tunics I have.

Order two sizes - there's not many sizes left though.

gillgran Wed 27-Jul-22 16:53:57

I don't have this dress, but bought a similar style last autumn, it is very generously sized, ( compared with a much more fitted dress that I bought at the same time, (same size)!)
Your one looks great, go for it!

Allsorts Wed 27-Jul-22 16:54:56

I’m the wrong shape for Seasalt, I just look frumpy and too old to be pregnant. Haven’t found a nice dress this year in M and S think they are like oversized smocks in dreadful patterns.I did get a nice one from Zara though. If they do free returns could you order two and send the one back that doesn’t fit?

Shirley48 Wed 27-Jul-22 17:27:50

Thanks. Yes, I think I’ll order two and send one (or both!) back. Just thought it’d be handy to hear from someone who had the dress. I’m far too old to actually look pregnant! - but I don’t want to look fat! I’m not really overweight, but a bit thick round the middle.

VioletSky Wed 27-Jul-22 17:31:42

I'm a bit of a pair shape and these style dresses aren't flattering on me

Depends on your shape

I look better with a tight waist and an a line skirt

rosie1959 Wed 27-Jul-22 17:32:46

I always order a size smaller in Seasalt they are very generous.

RichmondPark1 Wed 27-Jul-22 17:36:27

Lovely dress. I always find Seasalt do very generous sizes.

Alternatively do you have a FatFace near your home? I was in one of their branches earlier this week. They have many similar dresses in the sale and you could try them on.

SachaMac Wed 27-Jul-22 17:36:58

No but I like the look of it though, I recently bought a striped Seasalt tunic dress in the sale whilst on a day out in Leeds, its a useful dress, but is just a little snug in places. I prefer the look of the looser fitting one, never saw those. I’d go for it.

Shirley48 Wed 27-Jul-22 18:00:22

RichmondPark1

Lovely dress. I always find Seasalt do very generous sizes.

Alternatively do you have a FatFace near your home? I was in one of their branches earlier this week. They have many similar dresses in the sale and you could try them on.

Yes, we have a FatFace in the next town - I like their tunics - I have a couple of their “Simone” style

Elusivebutterfly Wed 27-Jul-22 19:17:57

I wear Seasalt dresses and have no problem ordering online and returning if it doesn't fit. That style of loose fit is usually generously sized though their more fitted clothes are not so big.
I do find Fatface much bigger and definitely need to go down a size there. Also Fatface sleeves are much too long so can only buy short sleeved outfits there.
White Stuff is another similar shop and are also quite generous.

Shirley48 Wed 27-Jul-22 19:37:49

I’m not generally much of a fan of Seasalt clothes to be honest - I find them a bit ‘boxy’ and staid - but I just liked the look of that dress. I used to wear a lot of White Stuff when I was working, but I haven’t been so keen on their clothes either for a few years.
Dresses ordered now - I’ll let you know how I get on…

Reubenblue Wed 27-Jul-22 20:40:34

I have the line strokes dress in green and like you I ordered online but concerned that it would look frumpy and maternity style. I read the reviews and lots suggested going down a size, but I stuck to my usual size 12 and I love the dress. Super comfy and flattering.

Shirley48 Wed 27-Jul-22 21:57:52

Reubenblue

I have the line strokes dress in green and like you I ordered online but concerned that it would look frumpy and maternity style. I read the reviews and lots suggested going down a size, but I stuck to my usual size 12 and I love the dress. Super comfy and flattering.

Thanks, Reubenblue. I’ve ordered a 12 and a 14.

Patsy70 Sat 06-Aug-22 18:07:49

Some large M&S stores sell the Seasalt range Shirley48.

Shirley48 Sat 06-Aug-22 19:01:37

Sorry, I forgot about this thread. I received the dresses in the post - the size 12 fitted well, but I didn’t like the overall look, so sent them back. It would probably look better in the winter, with boots and a denim jacket……