Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Recommendations please

(14 Posts)
Sidelined Sun 13-Aug-23 16:00:53

Have you any recommendations for casual clothes for a size 22 please - I live and die in M&S with the odd Cotton Traders, Bon Marche, Yours or Next item thrown in so any other sources would be very welcome. Any reliable online site would be interesting...

Ta muchly grin

Patsy70 Sun 13-Aug-23 16:08:27

You might like to try looking at the charity shops. I volunteer at Barnardo’s and we get lots of size 22 clothes. We only put those of very good quality on the rails.

Aldom Sun 13-Aug-23 16:08:32

Hello, just noticed your new thread.
Thought it would be helpful to point you in the direction of CHAT as there's a long thread on that forum called Clothes shopping getting harder. You will find many helpful ideas there.

tinaf1 Sun 13-Aug-23 16:10:52

Try Simply Be , Marisota or Curvissia they have some nice clothes

Sueki44 Sun 13-Aug-23 16:10:55

Hi - have you ever looked at Seasalt? Their returns are free and they do go up to large sizes. Another company is Kasbah, but I would probably wait until the winter stuff is in- unless you want a summer bargain!

Primrose53 Sun 13-Aug-23 17:18:36

I like Gudrun Sjoden and Masai and Thought. I always buy my organic cotton cropped leggings from Seasalt because they are beautifully soft and well made.

My Gudrun Sjoden stuff is always admired. I have 3 organic cotton plain dresses in black, navy and oatmeal and they are so useful and always look good over leggings.

Theexwife Sun 13-Aug-23 17:43:42

It is how you wear something that makes it casual or dressy, less make-up, casual hairstyle, and flat footwear can make an outfit look more casual.

I also think that not being too coordinated is a more casual look, matching bags with shoes and jewellery is rather dated now for casual dressing.

Primrose53 Sun 13-Aug-23 18:47:13

Who likes wearing smart trainers with dresses? I struggle a bit as I feel I should be wearing shoes with heels or strappy sandals but they are just so comfy.

I have some designer animal print ones with red laces and some denim blue colour with zips. Love them both.

seadragon Sun 13-Aug-23 19:03:37

I love Lucy & Yak which also has a super Facebook community who are incredibly good fun, very inclusive, friendly and supportive. They are also eco friendly. Exchanges, refunds and resales of older styles are all taken care of smoothly. They even give you vouchers in exchange for your old 'Yaks' towards buying new ones. DH bought me a gold cord Yaket and trousers to celebrate our Golden Wedding. I loved it so much I treated myself to a rust set and wear them all the time.... Don't be put off by the leopard print....there's something for everyone! lucyandyak.com/

Sidelined Sun 13-Aug-23 19:23:25

Thank you everyone. Lots of excellent recommendations to follow up ❤️

Primrose53 Sun 13-Aug-23 19:33:43

seadragon

I love Lucy & Yak which also has a super Facebook community who are incredibly good fun, very inclusive, friendly and supportive. They are also eco friendly. Exchanges, refunds and resales of older styles are all taken care of smoothly. They even give you vouchers in exchange for your old 'Yaks' towards buying new ones. DH bought me a gold cord Yaket and trousers to celebrate our Golden Wedding. I loved it so much I treated myself to a rust set and wear them all the time.... Don't be put off by the leopard print....there's something for everyone! lucyandyak.com/

Thanks for that seadragon. Love a bit of animal print!! I also like that they are eco friendly like Gudrun Sjoden.

Esmay Sun 13-Aug-23 23:34:19

Ebay
Monsoon
Boden
Ulla Popken
Cotswold Casuals
Kaleidoscope
John Lewis

biglouis Sun 13-Aug-23 23:39:49

I live and die in kaftans. You dont need to bother with a bra or any underwear. They conceal a multitude of bulges and bumps. You can layer up underneath in cold weather if you get the really roomy ones.

Esmay Sun 13-Aug-23 23:45:46

biglouis - where do you get your kaftans ? I love them .

I forgot Collectif really celebrate we curvy girls and their clothes are fantastic .