Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Jeans 😩

(16 Posts)
Mel1967 Sun 27-Aug-23 11:03:15

Good Morning,

Ideas please??

I’ve given up on wearing jeans.

I have never been able to find the right style, length (I’m 5ft 1).
They’re either too big or too small around the waist.
Just awful 😩

Is if just me??

Any ideas what I can wear instead??

All ideas and help greatly appreciated.

Thank you 😊

shysal Sun 27-Aug-23 11:21:05

I had the same problem so have have switched to Cotton Traders pull on jeans with a stretchy waist. They look like proper jeans when worn with a top over the waist. They come in several lengths. I am 5ft 3in and wear a 29"
Pull on jeans

Grandmabatty Sun 27-Aug-23 12:38:56

I bought a pair of cut off jeans from Next which turned out to be the perfect full length jeans for me at 5' nothing!

merlotgran Sun 27-Aug-23 12:50:03

Bon Marché is good for jeans. They do a range of styles an have three (I think) leg lengths. I know if I grab a size 14, 29” leg in the Sara straight leg range they will fit.

And they’re only £20!

Farzanah Sun 27-Aug-23 13:55:26

I practically live in M&S jeggings. They are good quality and come in many lengths and colours. High waisted and elastic waist. I am 5’1”.

MayBee70 Sun 27-Aug-23 14:02:04

I’ve lived in leggings for years but old really like to start wearing jeans again. I’ve struggled with my weight since switching to leggings because my jeans were always a warning signal that my weight had crept up. I always bought M&S in the past so I suppose I’ll start there.

Millie22 Sun 27-Aug-23 14:05:29

Don't give up on jeans! they are great and so versatile.

The current trend for raggy hems is a help as you can just cut them to the length you want although I understand some people might not like this look.

Judy54 Sun 27-Aug-23 14:05:52

I usually buy cropped jeans which are full length on me (5ft) otherwise find a good seamstress who will do alterations for you.

MiniMoon Sun 27-Aug-23 14:20:53

Beware of sizing in M&S. I bought a pair of cords in the Spring. Everywhere else I'm a size 14, but I had to buy a size 16 in M&S.
I like pull on jeans now, because of the arthritis in my thumbs I have a problem fastening the button.

eddiecat78 Thu 21-Sep-23 09:24:42

shysal

I had the same problem so have have switched to Cotton Traders pull on jeans with a stretchy waist. They look like proper jeans when worn with a top over the waist. They come in several lengths. I am 5ft 3in and wear a 29"
Pull on jeans

I just wanted to thank Shysal for this recommendation. I've now got 2 pairs. They are so comfy and really do look like normal jeans unless you wanted to tuck your top in

shysal Thu 21-Sep-23 09:30:17

Glad you like them Eddie. I live in mine! Got umpteen pairs.

henetha Thu 21-Sep-23 09:35:44

I love jeans and will never give them up no matter how old I am. I've got two pairs of those Cotton Traders comfy ones, as well as other various pairs.
I also have a lovely little denim jacket from QVC which is marvellous as the material is stretchy.

dogsmother Thu 21-Sep-23 10:04:13

That was nice Eddiecat 😊

annodomini Thu 21-Sep-23 10:41:37

I also have two pairs of Cotton Traders pull-on jeans. My waist size doesn't match my hip size in any other brand, but if the waist is elasticated, I can easily wear size 14 jeans. This summer, I've taken to wearing what some brands call culottes and others wide legged trousers. The M&S linen ones look good and the Roman ones fit perfectly. Both have elasticated waists.

harrysgran Tue 03-Oct-23 20:33:50

I bought 2 pairs recently great fit and reasonable price asda wonder fit

M0nica Tue 03-Oct-23 20:41:38

I know they are more expensive, but I swear by Lands End jeans. My problem is I am long waisted and regular jeans sre a comfortable fit under my armpits. Lands End do mid-rise jeans, that actually fit me round the waist and the extra width for being mid rise deals with my non-existant waist.