Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Any hairdressers able to give advice please?

(4 Posts)
esther0204 Fri 01-Sep-23 12:36:08

Good afternoon,
I have a short hairstyle which is shaped around my face and neck and have attended the same hairdresser for colour and cut for many years. I have always been very happy with the results. However, over the last few cuts, my hair has been growing out of shape very quickly. My hairdresser has started using a razor type of cutter instead of using scissors to cut, shape and thin out my hair. So, my question is, is it the result of using this tool? I have an appointment next week and would like to know, I have no problem asking her to use scissors instead. Thank you

Ziplok Sun 10-Sep-23 18:46:43

I would imagine that using a razor type cutter rather than scissors is likely to make hair grow back more bitty? I’m not a hairdresser, just making an observation.
If you are happy to return to the same hairdresser, then tell her what you’ve said here, and that you would prefer her to stick with the scissors rather than the razor. If she doesn’t want to, then you probably need to find a hairdresser who will. It is, after all, your hair, you’re paying for the cut and you need to be happy with the result.

crazyH Sun 10-Sep-23 18:57:16

I would agree with Ziplock - my locum hairdresser used the razor on me once and I just hated it it made my hair wispy. Never went back there. I prefer the ‘chop’ with a pair of scissors.

Coolgran65 Sun 10-Sep-23 19:08:15

Just ask her to go back to how she used to do it with scissors.
Then you can compare.

I have a similar hairstyle and my hair is very thick. I love it to be finished off with the razor.