Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Are ebay Living Proof products genuine?

(5 Posts)
Grannyjacq1 Sat 11-Nov-23 13:47:07

There are numerous sellers on ebay offering expensive hair styling products - eg Triple Bond complex by Living Proof for a much cheaper price than is available via the shops selling it. How do I know that it's the real thing?

glammanana Sat 11-Nov-23 13:54:56

Grannyjacq1 There is every chance that it is a fake product just don't take the chance the product could be mixed with anything untoward.I would never buy beauty products from ebay.
Look at the sellers profile see where they are shipping from just be careful far better paying the price in the shops then you know you are getting the genuine article.

NotAGran55 Sat 11-Nov-23 16:35:10

The Triple Bond Complex is on offer at John Lewis at the moment. Fantastic product.
The small size tube was included in a recent M&S beauty bag and are possibly from there?

eBay is flooded with stuff when the Advent calendars are opened. I’ve had a lot of bargain products as a result of this.

Grannyjacq1 Sat 11-Nov-23 16:55:06

Thanks- I've ordered it from a trusted retailer who had it on offer. It just seemed a bit too good to be true on ebay, and wouldn't have been a beauty calendar offer on this size, I think. Thanks for advice.

Deedaa Tue 21-Nov-23 22:53:16

When all the glossies were giving away make up samples you could always find them on eBay. One of my best buys was a bottle of Mandarina Duck cologne which is almost impossible to find in shops. The seller had used about half an inch of it and was selling it very cheaply.