Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Vedress.co.uk

(13 Posts)
Patsy70 Sat 16-Jan-21 17:00:24

Has anyone heard of this online company? I am asking on behalf of my sister who is looking for an outfit to wear at our niece’s forthcoming wedding. The company make to order, so measurements have to be taken and forwarded to them.

GagaJo Sat 16-Jan-21 17:13:08

No, but I CAN recommend Eshakti. Not cheap but very well made clothes.

wildswan16 Sat 16-Jan-21 17:16:30

Just google them - pretty awful reviews.

BlueBelle Sat 16-Jan-21 17:20:26

I look at reviews for everything I saw some lovely costume jewellery, a U.K. firm I didn’t recognise and really good prices when I googled the reviews there were 95% bad !!!

Patsy70 Sun 17-Jan-21 10:38:52

I couldn’t find reviews for Vedress. My sister is looking for a trouser suit (as she can’t wear pretty shoes now) and found one on this site. However, if the reviews are negative, she won’t go ahead. Thank you for your feedback.

Elegran Sun 17-Jan-21 11:16:57

Patsy See Trustpilot - uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.vedress.co.uk -Excellent 6%, Lowest marks 94%. None in between, Only one review praised the site, in suspiciously extravagant terms.

lemongrove Sun 17-Jan-21 11:23:04

Patsy a lot of these online places use great garments in the photos but what you get is a different matter entirely.
Find reviews before you order ( from any company).
Could she find a local dressmaker in time?

Patsy70 Sun 17-Jan-21 15:06:37

Thank you. Yes, I will certainly look at the reviews on trustpilot, and I do agree that these online companies are often a complete rip off. I think that once we’re able to go shopping, post vaccines, we’ll endeavour to find something she likes, unless there is a dressmaker locally.

Patsy70 Sun 17-Jan-21 15:09:24

Elegran. I see what you mean! Appalling reviews. We’ll bypass that company. Thank you.

petra Sun 17-Jan-21 15:14:58

They are a Chinese company. Say no more.
And please don't trust Trust Pilot. They take money from anyone.

Elegran Sun 17-Jan-21 16:45:52

Be aware that these online review sites can be exploited by sellers. They get their friends and relations to post glowing reviews, or pay strangers to do it. Others post damning reviews so as to help out rival companies, or for money, or just because they like to see their lies in print. There is a whole network of semi-professional review-writers out there, writing what appear to be genuine stories to boost sales (or to wreck a reputation) I read as many reviews as I can, on more than one review site, and judge on the total image I am getting of the company.

MawBe Sun 17-Jan-21 16:50:56

Patsy I wore trousers to all 3 daughters’ weddings, one metallic silver linen coat and trousers outfit from Wall (now defunct) , second, raspberry silk trousers and floral jacket from Harpers Bazaar and third, blue velvet trousers (Lands End !) and an Indian kitri coat from East.
She might like to look at Box 2 as well - lots of great labels out there without resorting to the questionable Chinese ones!

Patsy70 Sun 17-Jan-21 17:28:18

That is lovely, MawBe. All your comments are very helpful. My sister is very suspicious of online shopping normally, but a particular outfit caught her eye on this occasion. She certainly won’t take the risk, and I’ll pass your very valid comments on to her. Thank you so much.