Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

no-hooks bra

(16 Posts)
Fennel Wed 21-Apr-21 20:29:53

Can someone recommend a soft bra with no hooks.
I suppose you put it on by pulling over your head.
Because of weakness in fingers can't manage the hooks. Until recently I've been wearing Triumph Doreen bra 34C.

welbeck Wed 21-Apr-21 20:39:30

it is actually quite hard to get these items over one's head and then pull down over shoulders, they tend to curl up on themselves, so if you have weakness in fingers it may be a problem.
have you tried using a good close fitting lycra/spandex gym type singlet.
that might be easier to get on, and can be quite supportive.

Blossoming Wed 21-Apr-21 20:46:52

The Able Label do front fastening bras with Velcro instead of hooks. Not the cheapest though.

www.theablelabel.com/collections/underwear-1/products/front-velcro-fastening-1020-comfi-bra-black

Shelflife Wed 21-Apr-21 20:49:13

Look on Amazon, search comfort bras. I find them really comfy , bright colours , pop over your head. Have to admit they don't give much support , but worth trying them . When we can eat in a restaurant again I might wear a bra that gives me more shape! In the meantime I will give priority to comfort !

Blossoming Wed 21-Apr-21 21:26:43

Found a cheaper version ?

www.orchidfashionboutique.co.uk/home/1233-gemm-ladies-non-wired-soft-cotton-velcro-front-fastening-stretch-white-lycra-bra-34-44.html

Callistemon Wed 21-Apr-21 22:22:50

Front fasteners with Velcro or hooks are easier to put on I found, when I had an injury.

Lots of retailers stock the of various styles but you need to know your exact size as there is not much adjustment.

Callistemon Wed 21-Apr-21 22:24:00

Excuse typos - one eye on delayed Sewing Bee

Lolo81 Wed 21-Apr-21 22:59:24

I’m not sure about your location, but we tried several hookless bras when my grand arthritis became bad and she couldn’t do them any more, some of them were expensive. The best one we found I’m for comfort for her was actually from pep & co which is a pound shop affiliate, I think they were only a couple of pounds each, but they were soft, supportive and washed up lovely.

Those were the ones I used when I broke my arm a couple of years ago. I have a large bust, so the downside was that I didn’t find them quite as supportive.

The other ones I used were gym wear with a thick cross over strap at the back from primark and again they were lovely and comfortable.

shysal Thu 22-Apr-21 08:20:34

I always step into my soft bras, a dodgy shoulder would make it difficult to put on over the head.

Alexa Thu 22-Apr-21 09:40:48

When I used to wear these stretchy no hook bras I used to step into them and pull them up like a bathing suit. I found this to be easier than pulling it on over the head like a tee shirt.

Alexa Thu 22-Apr-21 09:51:04

Thanks, Blossoming!
have just bought one from Amazon. I got the navy with white spots version.

Kestrel Thu 22-Apr-21 10:37:02

Have you tried stretchy crop tops? Not a bra but you can wear 2 at a time for support if yr a bit big on top and step into them if dodgy shoulder etc. Most supermarkets/M&S stock them.

henetha Thu 22-Apr-21 10:42:17

I've got several of these bralettes, due to difficulties in doing up hooks. The trick is to step in to them and pull them up, not put them over your head.

Fennel Fri 23-Apr-21 15:20:31

Thanks for all the suggestions. The simplest way would be to do without but I still want to show a bit of shape.

ingridcleaver Tue 25-May-21 22:55:01

molke.co.uk/collections/bras

Margiknot Tue 25-May-21 23:13:37

I also found M&S bralettes useful and comfortable ( and gave acceptable shape) after a shoulder and elbow injury made doing up a bra impossible. They are bit tricky to get on, but stepping into and wriggling up, works.