Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Dungaree Dress. Yay or Nay?

(44 Posts)
snowberryZ Wed 05-Oct-22 15:14:34

I've seen a lovely needle cord dungaree dress in midi length.
I except I'd wear it with thick tights and ankle boots?
Can they look nice on, or would it look childish?
Or should I not care hmm

Maya1 Wed 05-Oct-22 15:16:34

Yay.. wear whatever makes you happy.If you want it, buy it.

Nanna58 Wed 05-Oct-22 15:19:03

No , just no , unless you have as little bust as a child , they just don’t ‘sit’ properly otherwise.

Fairislecable Wed 05-Oct-22 15:21:38

Yes I have just bought a denim one and I love it.

My DH didn’t like the idea but now says it looks good on me.

I am now on the lookout for a cord one.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Oct-22 15:26:38

If you like it, go for it.

mumofmadboys Wed 05-Oct-22 15:26:48

If you like it, buy it!

BlueBelle Wed 05-Oct-22 15:27:14

I ve got 2 lots of dungarees (not dresses) but the same sort of thing and I certainly haven’t a tiny bust nanna58 they are truly great and you wear them baggy anyway they are not tight across the bust line at all

Silvergirl Wed 05-Oct-22 15:34:07

Sounds lovely. Go for it!!

Shirleyw Wed 05-Oct-22 15:38:35

I like those also love midi length, def. go for it.

Blossoming Wed 05-Oct-22 15:42:32

Yay. Go for it, they’re great over long sleeves, thick tights and boots in winter.

Esmay Wed 05-Oct-22 15:54:11

Why not?
If you like it - buy it and enjoy it . I love that look .
Sounds good to me .

When I'm slimmersdown feel confident - I often wear 1950's dresses or go for half kimono jackets with tops and trousers .
None of my friends wear clothes like mine it's my identity .

snowberryZ Wed 05-Oct-22 15:56:32

I think I'd get a lot of wear out of it. Showed a pic to him indoors and he's not keen. But what does he know?
It's something completely different to what I'd normally wear and he doesn't like change.shock

MayBee70 Wed 05-Oct-22 15:58:27

What happens when you need the loo? Do you have to pull the whole dress down?

Esmay Wed 05-Oct-22 15:59:28

Oops !

Sent before finished and checked .

I think that it's important to wear clothes that make you feel happy and confident .
It's your identity .

I saw one of my West Indian friends yesterday and she was wearing a really loud African print in bright pink .
She has a mass of natural Afro hair which I think is stunning .
She looked so beautiful that her look eclipses the fact that she's wheelchair bound .

snowberryZ Wed 05-Oct-22 15:59:57

It would go up, I assume?

snowberryZ Wed 05-Oct-22 16:01:27

I'm tempted by the lucy & yak one as it has adjustable straps. The bib part on some of these dungaree dresses aren't always long enough, especially if you have a long torso.

MayBee70 Wed 05-Oct-22 16:02:16

snowberryZ

It would go up, I assume?

I see. It’s more like a pinafore dress. I really like them but I think you have to be pencil thin to wear them. Whenever I see the word dungaree I think ‘loo’..

M0nica Wed 05-Oct-22 16:21:43

If you like it and there is a clearly a hole in your wardrobe that it will fill, then get it.

BigBertha1 Wed 05-Oct-22 17:01:19

Depends where you intend to go in it.

Callistemon21 Wed 05-Oct-22 17:07:46

BlueBelle

I ve got 2 lots of dungarees (not dresses) but the same sort of thing and I certainly haven’t a tiny bust nanna58 they are truly great and you wear them baggy anyway they are not tight across the bust line at all

I remember seeing yours, Bluebelle and yes, it looked very stylish!

BlueBelle Wed 05-Oct-22 17:48:23

Thank you callistemon mine are dungarees not dungaree dresses which I haven't come across unless it’s what we used to call a pinafore dress
They are no problem at the loo maybe they are meant to wear big and baggy so you just slip the shoulders off
Here’s the photo Callistomomwas referring to I also have a beige pair which I wear a yellow thin jumper under

maddyone Wed 05-Oct-22 17:51:45

Get it if you like it. For myself, I would never buy or wear dungarees or a pinafore dress, not my thing. But that’s me, and not you. Buy and wear what you like.

Callistemon21 Wed 05-Oct-22 17:52:10

Yes, that photo!

Very stylish.
I'm not sure about a dress, it would have to hang properly.

NotSpaghetti Wed 05-Oct-22 17:53:59

snowberryZ

I'm tempted by the lucy & yak one as it has adjustable straps. The bib part on some of these dungaree dresses aren't always long enough, especially if you have a long torso.

I like these but not sure they will like me!!

Calendargirl Wed 05-Oct-22 17:55:05

Didn’t know what dungaree dresses were, so looked up some pictures.

Yes, to me they looked like cord pinafore dresses, but I really liked them and wouldn’t mind one.