Gransnet forums

Technology

Kindle stuck

(33 Posts)
Mamie Tue 06-Mar-12 09:24:04

Recharged my Kindle last night and horror of horrors found it had stuck and wouldn't do anything this morning. After a bit of Googling I did a hard reset by holding in the on/off button for 30 seconds. It went back to the original screen; I then plugged it into the computer with the USB lead and a bar appeared that slowly updated, then all was back to normal. Just thought I would share this in case it happens to anyone else.

j07 Fri 25-Jan-13 18:48:49

My battery is flat. Am charging it up so I can have a look and see if I can work out what's happening Stansgran

Stansgran Fri 25-Jan-13 19:01:20

Thank you Jo7

j07 Fri 25-Jan-13 19:29:20

Have had a look and the Daily Motion is this Unless your GD has a kindle fire I can't see how this would be any good to her.

Also there is a book available on kindle with a similar name (came up when I did a search in the Kindle store). I have downloaded a free sample of that book and it looks fine. Does not interfere with my other books at all.

Can only suggest she goes to her home page and tries to find anything like it there, and then delete it.

Stansgran Fri 25-Jan-13 20:04:28

Thank you Jo 7 I will try this .children and technology not quite working can be quite headachy

Stansgran Sat 26-Jan-13 14:35:50

In fact it is a kindle fire and I have inadvertently solved it. What sort of idiot gives a 9 year old a kindle fire. Oh yes my Dd a d SIL...?..

annodomini Sat 26-Jan-13 15:45:22

grin Stansgran! My DS and DiL gave my 8-year-old GS and 10-year-old GD Android tablets on which books can be downloaded with the appropriate app. Cheaper and more versatile than the Fire and in the event of a glitch, geeky DS (and possibly even junior geek, GS!) can sort it out.

Grannyknot Sat 26-Jan-13 17:54:35

My Kindle Fire sometimes 'sticks' or freezes when I want to sweep to the next page, I have to keep at it and eventually it will 'take'. Other times it's fine and I sweep away page after page. Does anyone know why this happens?