Gransnet forums

Technology

Kindle stuck

(32 Posts)
gracesmum Fri 09-Mar-12 21:45:11

All the books were still there and guess what? It jammed again today - so I did the same thing and it worked. Maybe I am becoming a techie?grin

yogagran Fri 09-Mar-12 21:31:29

Do you loose all the books on it if you have to do a reset or does everything just start up again where you left off?

jeni Fri 09-Mar-12 07:12:48

Mine also. I just reboot it and it's ok!

Ganja Fri 09-Mar-12 07:08:26

My iPad does the same thing sometimes. Can press Home button 100 times to no effect. Took it to the Apples shop, and of course it worked perfectly for the young man there!!! Touch wood its okay at the moment, but will try the above if it plays up again.

gracesmum Tue 06-Mar-12 14:44:43

Mine did exactly the same on the train back from London one night - mega-frustration!! Put it on charge with no success and then looked at the trouble-shooting online and did what you have done and it worked holding in the on/off button for 20 secs to "reset" it. Nasty few moments there!

wotsamashedupjingl Tue 06-Mar-12 09:44:32

That used to happen fairly often with my old one (the one I dropped and had to have replaced). It is really worrying. I did always manage to re-start it by a lot of holding the on/off button and clicking on various bits and pieces. It just seemd to require an extra bit of waking up! Very worrying. So far new one hasn't done it. Fingers crossed. smile

Mamie Tue 06-Mar-12 09:24:04

Recharged my Kindle last night and horror of horrors found it had stuck and wouldn't do anything this morning. After a bit of Googling I did a hard reset by holding in the on/off button for 30 seconds. It went back to the original screen; I then plugged it into the computer with the USB lead and a bar appeared that slowly updated, then all was back to normal. Just thought I would share this in case it happens to anyone else.