Gransnet forums

Technology

Newspaper articles

(11 Posts)
Lilygran Thu 11-Jul-13 20:31:51

The link usually gives quite a lot of information before you open it. I can't do the ingenious links that don't!

Ana Thu 11-Jul-13 20:02:09

I don't mind a link as long as the OP gives their reason for posting it, and their opinion on the article in question - not just a 'How Awful is This?' heading followed by the link...

petallus Thu 11-Jul-13 19:55:27

I agree with the OP.

When opening a new thread I find myself hoping it won't just be a link to an article.

If it is, 9 times out of 10 I don't open the thread, just read posts and pick up the gist from them.

Anne58 Thu 11-Jul-13 19:49:18

Well said Nelliemoser , I do buy the Telegraph on occasions, but these threads are a very good way of knowing what is being said in other papers.

Nelliemoser Thu 11-Jul-13 19:46:31

I find a lot of these newspaper threads very interesting, and they do start good discussions. We don't all take newspapers.

Anne58 Thu 11-Jul-13 19:44:58

Should have added a suitable smiley type thing! (Tongue in cheek perhaps?)

Anne58 Thu 11-Jul-13 19:42:49

Don't think so, ElliMary, the whole idea of the threads posted that way is to open a discussion on the subject.

So sorry that you are getting fed up by it.

janeainsworth Thu 11-Jul-13 19:42:39

Great minds Gracesmum grin

janeainsworth Thu 11-Jul-13 19:42:06

Not sure what the problem is ElliMary.... usually the poster explains what thought-provoking aspect of the newspaper article it is that they think is unreasonable, or wish to discuss.

gracesmum Thu 11-Jul-13 19:41:35

Not sure what you mean, but isn't it often the case that an article in a newspaper or an item on radio sparks off a discussion? Sometimes it is something I hadn't read or it might be something you want to share with others.

ElliMary Thu 11-Jul-13 19:39:34

could it be possible for threads starting with newspaper articles to be kept separate from those starting from original thoughts and ideas.
I am getting fed up with opening a thread and finding that it was something from the Guardian or the Mail.