Gransnet forums

Technology

iPad update

(36 Posts)
Galen Sat 21-Sep-13 16:24:21

Has anybody else updated their pads to IOS7
I have and I Hate it .

alternativegran Fri 03-Jan-14 23:25:03

If its of any use, go into app store, top right hand corner is a search bar, type in iBooks, then download.

Once downloaded open application and in the top corner there will be a search bar. This search bar is to find and download books. Type in ipad user guide for IOS7, it takes forever to download but it's useful and it's free. There is one for phones too

Brendawymms Fri 08-Nov-13 19:54:40

I hope I understand your problem. To cancel an appointment in calendars you click on edit and then go down to the bottom of the box, it's quite a long way, and you will find " delete event" click on that and it goes.

thatbags Fri 08-Nov-13 15:14:06

New events show up in a box in the right bottom corner of my ipad when the icalendar is open. You have to tick that you've seen them and then they go away.

I've done all the updates. No probs on iPad5.

Kiora Fri 08-Nov-13 15:09:38

I have the update message on my iPad but I haven't done it because these posts have put me off. Any advice on what I should do would be gratefully received.

Ganja Mon 21-Oct-13 07:49:10

What is driving me nuts are all the maddening and meaningless New Events that pop up all over the calendar. Does anyone know how to delete them? I click on Edit, back space to delete them, but they just ping back. Cancel does not get rid of them either. Please some one help. confused

Kiora Thu 10-Oct-13 17:30:31

I don't know what your all talking about its all double Dutch to me! I'm posting this on my beloved iPad so I may have to come back begging for some advice. In the meantime Ill just ignore all requests to update. I'm scared!

Galen Wed 09-Oct-13 20:09:43

They've fixed some bugs withe latest update and I'm getting my head round it! Don't like the new paler look though!

NfkDumpling Wed 09-Oct-13 19:49:05

I've still got my old list of bookmarks, but now when I save to bookmark an icon appears on this extra screen which wasn't there before and I can't find out how to delete them. I usually only bookmark for later reference - I don't want to keep them forever!

grannyscarf Wed 09-Oct-13 18:40:30

I hate IOS7! I used to find the 'list' section of the calendar invaluable to see appointments etc for the coming weeks. Now that has disappeared so I emailed Apple that this granny was not a happy gran! I would like to return to before IOS7 but I guess that's not an option. I have new specs and the text on both iphone and iPad are distinctly paler now. Grrrrr

mrsmopp Tue 08-Oct-13 15:56:08

Thanks! X

Mamie Mon 07-Oct-13 17:10:47

Settings, general, background app updating. I have never got my head round it, but could the pics be uploaded to icloud?
I would use a lot less battery if I stopped playing Candy Crush! Two months on Level 350 angry

mrsmopp Mon 07-Oct-13 17:06:12

How do you zwitch off background updating? Are there more wys to save battery?
I am running iut of space on.my ipad mainly due to photos. Wondering if there are ways to sort that without deleting my pics
Lots to learn here &learning curve is very steep.
!!

Mamie Mon 07-Oct-13 10:01:57

I updated in the UK and think it is fine. Only problem was with battery draining fast so I have switched off the background updating of apps. I have done the ipad and my iphone. Glad I did it where there was 50mg of broadband and not here though, would have taken about a week to load!

Aka Sun 29-Sep-13 22:29:30

Have declined my invitation to upgrade my iPad. Will stick with current version till bugs are ironed out.

mrsmopp Sun 29-Sep-13 21:28:54

I didn't realise we had any choice! I though best to update to keep everything, well, erm, up to date!?! But it's gone all funny looking and keeps freezing on me. I am forever switching it off and on again because that's the only way I know how to fix anything except the Hoover.
I really wish I hadn't updated the d'd thing. Oh blinking heck....... :-(

NfkDumpling Mon 23-Sep-13 13:47:03

Humbert I would love to enjoy the new features - what are they?

NfkDumpling Mon 23-Sep-13 13:37:04

Apparently the new iOS is supposed to be so obvious it's self explanatory. Not! New book marks are appearing on a separate bit while the old ones are still on a list and it took me ages to figure out the camera (swipe up/down to change between camera/video/square).

Brendawymms Mon 23-Sep-13 12:26:04

Still not getting them to AirPrint. I even did a full restore of my IPAD4 with no success. Did find some comments on Google that indicates others have the same problem.

janthea Mon 23-Sep-13 11:48:10

I'm holding off updating my iPad and iPad Mini until they come up with an update to sort out the bugs. I'm due a new iPhone so won't bother updating my current 4S. Mind you, the time it's taking to get through to O2 for an upgrade is a nightmare. I just get recorded messages 'Please call back. We are experiencing a large number of calls'

Humbertbear Mon 23-Sep-13 08:52:54

I've updated phone and iPad with no problems. It may be a good idea to wait a week or two so that all the bugs are ironed out if you are worried. but eventually you will have to update as all the updates to apps will not work on anything other than ios7. It's no use hankering after what we've lost, just enjoy enjoy the new features.

Mamie Sun 22-Sep-13 17:41:46

I already have the torch app. I shall wait a bit as my DD said it took 20 minutes to load with 50mg broadband and we have 512k. envy

Gally Sun 22-Sep-13 17:18:11

Phew! I'm so glad I read Galens post yesterday. I ignored the request to update when it appeared this morning. I usually ignore most things until I can ask my computer whizz what his advice would be.

NfkDumpling Sun 22-Sep-13 17:01:09

LISTEN TO WHEN FOLKS! I thought I was suppose to update too - wish I'd waited. My iPad is now very pale and the type thin. (Perhaps it works better on an iPhone) and when I try to swipe the page up if I'm not careful it drags up a box of "helpful" stuff from the bottom. Can't find my bookmarks - I feel sure they keep moving - and yes, the battery seems to go down a lot quicker too.

hummingbird Sat 21-Sep-13 23:25:31

I updated, and find it very weird! I've lost some things (access to my bank accounts, for instance), and everything looks disconcertingly pale! Hey ho, I'm sure I'll get used to it!

whenim64 Sat 21-Sep-13 21:26:54

Brenda the Apple website has advice about the effect on your battery. I noticed it when I copied the advice section on updating it (above)