Gransnet forums

Technology

Windows 8

(30 Posts)
Anniebach Sat 25-Jan-14 09:49:25

Is it a nightmare please? I want a new lap top but have heard so much against windows 8

sparkygran Sat 03-May-14 14:36:30

I got Windows 8 about 18 months ago and at first it was a nightmare because everything was new and different. Persevered and now love it.

ninathenana Sat 03-May-14 18:29:02

I bought a laptop with windows 8 today as our desk top had died.

DD has said that as I am used to having things 'pinned to start' on my phone, and the format is similar I should soon get used to it. She better be right !

bikergran Sat 03-May-14 19:20:58

if you buy a laptop with windows 8 you can now download windows 8.1 which apparently has a Start button..lol I too have struggled with windows 8 but if!! it is the future then I just have to get used to it..I loved XP it was so simple...I am off now to download the windows 8.1 ( may be gone for some time ) lol confused

annodomini Sat 03-May-14 19:52:36

I'm considering a Chromebook which would circumvent all this hassle with Windows. I know they haven't been on the market for very long, and it might be a risk, having to do without MS Office software. However, the online software is constantly improving and users don't have to keep updating; the system does this automatically. Does anyone have an opinion on this?