Gransnet forums

Technology

IOS8

(32 Posts)
Mamie Sat 20-Sep-14 06:47:43

How are people getting on with this? So far, I have failed to find any advantages and am deeply irritated by the extra clicks associated with bookmarks and the fact that the back arrow at the top of a page also needs an extra click.
What do other ipad users think?

Icyalittle Fri 26-Sep-14 07:44:13

Sorry it didn't help, Anya. Mine still crashes too, but it helped the speed. I guess we have all tried whatever is suggested by now. We will just have to wait until they sort it, as Brendawymms said. I've turned mine fully off and on again half a dozen times to no avail.

Anya Fri 26-Sep-14 08:30:17

The ultimate woe this morning - Hero Factory crashed sad GS1 devastated!

At least we know it's the upgrade and not our tablets.

Frannygranny Sat 27-Sep-14 11:41:05

Wish I'd spotted this thread before I upgraded. Really slow, icons have lost their image. Don't like the predictive text and the fact the bar at the top disappears when you scroll down. Not what I want or expected.

Anya Sat 27-Sep-14 16:09:04

New upgrade IOS 8.0.2 available. I've risked it and some of the bugs have been fixed.

Brendawymms Mon 06-Oct-14 09:19:16

Well all. With IOS 8 and an iPad air I have had mega problems I have
Reset network settings more times than I care to mention
Reset wi fi networking more times etc
Turned wi fi off and on. More times etc
Turned off router and iPad turned on again.
Restored iPad from back up on computer
Been on all the forums
Complained bitterly on Twitter.
Factory restored from ITunes.
ALL WITHOUT SUCCESS then
BT. Router reset itself Friday evening. The light went to orange for about five minutes and suddenly it's all working fine as long as I don't try to use You tube app. So success. I think it was me considering buying an Andriod tablet that did it grin

Anya Mon 06-Oct-14 09:43:27

All these problems and more Brenda and mine are ongoing still.
Keypad on iPad keeps locking.
Facebook loads, blacks out, loads, blacks out.
Very slow.
Links drop
I've manually reset my BT router but no change.

Worst was when my screen went bright blue and pink and everything was blurred.

Was on phone to iPad support for an hour and problem not resolved, but an hour later it resolved itself. Oddly Apple support didn't charge even though they knew my contract had expired. They are very aware of the problems caused by IOS 8 and their reputation is in shreads.