Gransnet forums

Technology

This made me really angry.

(6 Posts)
janerowena Tue 04-Nov-14 14:02:50

It depends what you use it for. I run a forum elsewhere, and when we had to alter everything on that not long ago it was a nightmare, so many options missing. So I went back to 7, thank heavens I got in just in time.

Apps are much simplified. The original sites have far, far more options and choice. Windows 8 is like using apps almost all the time. That's the only way I can think of describing it. Fine for recreational purposes, not so good for business use.

feetlebaum Tue 04-Nov-14 12:57:30

Windows 8 is fine... I'm not upgrading the 7 on my laptop, but 8 (8.1) is much better on my desk-top PC. I don't see what all the whining is about!

Nelliemoser Tue 04-Nov-14 12:26:37

Come to think of it, you are welcome whether you are new or not!

What a daft remark NellieM hmm

Nelliemoser Tue 04-Nov-14 12:24:22

Granniepam I had very blue air around me when I started on Windows 8.

Are you new on here? If so, welcome.

Granniepam Tue 04-Nov-14 11:43:06

DH was very happy with Windows 7 on our pc. Then DS upgraded it to Windows 8. Then the air turned a variety of shades of blue - Windows 7 has now been restored. They say that Windows 10 will be amazing - don't hold your breath. hmm

janerowena Tue 04-Nov-14 10:40:08

hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/03/goodbye-windows-7-and-windows-8/

Anyone who has been through all the upgrades knows that each one is not only less flexible, and more like simplified phone apps, it also prevents you from being able to get rid of adverts. To say nothing of all the teething problems that occur. Windows 7 is great - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.