Gransnet forums

Technology

Hudl 2 Users, Help Needed.

(11 Posts)
hildajenniJ Tue 08-Sep-15 11:48:17

I have been using my hudl2 without trouble until now. I have had it for nine months, it was a Christmas gift from my DD last year. The problem I now have is that the battery life is stuck at 100%. I now have no idea how much power I have left before needing a charge. Have any other hudl users had the same problem, and if so, how did you resolve it, and will Tesco do an exchange? I really don't want to take it back, as it means starting all over again.

MiniMouse Tue 08-Sep-15 12:07:00

Apologies if you've already done this, but have you tried just letting the battery go flat by not charging it for a few days to see if that clears it? (A bit like unplugging the computer and switching it back on in the hopes of getting it back on track!!)

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 08-Sep-15 13:12:04

Nooo! Really bad for the battery of any screen device to let it get low. Keep it above 50 percent if poss.

hildajenniJ Tue 08-Sep-15 13:20:12

I don't know how much battery power is left, that is the problem. I can be mid sentence and it suddenly powers itself off. I have tried switching it off and on again, but that didn't help, well I never thought it would, but it was DS's suggestion, and he knows more about these things than me. When it is out of power, I plug in the charger, and it thinks that it is fully charged. I go into settings and get the same result. It is no use, I think I am going to have to take it back and see if they will exchange it.

Lona Tue 08-Sep-15 14:46:46

That is a fault on the Hudl. I had to get my first one replaced with the same problem. If you Google it you'll find it happens quite often.
Something just drains the battery and even with the Tech's booster charger thingy, it didn't recharge properly.

marshmarigold132 Tue 08-Sep-15 16:34:47

Problems with my first Hudl so took it back to Tesco and they exchanged it. The one I have got now does what other people are saying, that is looks as if fully charged and then just powers itself off. When it does that I just plug it in and let it charge for a while even though the green light is showing as if fully charged. Sometimes it then seems to right itself and shows the correct amount of power left. I honestly can't be bothered to take it back to Tesco again. Was told that they have had more problems with blue ones, so opted for a white one this time!

Anne58 Tue 08-Sep-15 17:40:23

Mine doesn't do that, but I must say I do have to charge it quite a lot. I know that the keyboard I use drains the battery too, Mr P was looking at one with it's own battery, but it was about £40.

Anne58 Tue 08-Sep-15 18:24:26

Ooh err! By accident I have just discovered that I can dictate a post directly on to GN! Now how on earth did I do that ?

Lona Tue 08-Sep-15 18:26:18

Just tap the microphone p! grin

Anne58 Tue 08-Sep-15 18:27:32

As you were, I've just worked it out!

Anne58 Tue 08-Sep-15 18:29:42

Duh! You'd never think I was a member of Mensa, would you!