Gransnet forums

Technology

Headphones or earplugs?

(16 Posts)
rosewater Thu 27-Aug-20 21:14:17

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Marydoll Wed 26-Aug-20 23:59:48

Reported

shauki Wed 26-Aug-20 23:21:52

shauki Wed 26-Aug-20 23:19:50

ninathenana Thu 11-May-17 18:22:32

Old as the post maybe. Can I just say, that a lot of peolle who wear them in the street do so to block out the world due to having sensory issues.
My son being one of those.

Ana Thu 11-May-17 15:49:44

Have you seen how old this thread is, ginny? grin

ginny Thu 11-May-17 15:45:58

MOnica, so pleased to see your post. Thought I was the only one.

BraydonAshton Thu 11-May-17 09:51:23

I did some research into all the different types of hearing protection way and realized that earplugs are the most effective way . I have noisy neighbours and I live on the loud street . I am using 3M OCS1137 Classic Earplugs while sleeping . I tried some other earplugs before but this one is best .The type of foam they’ve been using to manufacture them seems to have been altered as well, so if these offered the perfect level of noise attenuation, you might view the changes as a step backward.

LyndaMartin Sat 31-Dec-16 04:50:41

Hi there! It depends on the choices what you love to have earplugs are also best, but I mostly like to have collections of amazing cool headphones. Choose good quality of headphones after testing their sound quality and noise cancellation features. My friend always buys headphones from the sites like amazon, www.soundmagic.us/index.php/product-category/headphones/ for enjoying good music.

Jayh Mon 07-Dec-15 18:44:06

Headphones seem to be fashionable just now. I use both. Earbuds for the gym and headphones for the house and flights. It depends what you want them for.
I have bought my four year old Dgds very snazzy Frozen Headphones for Christmas. They are designed for young ears and they can them use with their iPads without disturbing our peace and quiet.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 07-Dec-15 18:17:40

For speech. Not music. World Service in my case. Story DVDs in GS's case. To avoid waking his mum up at crack of dawn.

M0nica Mon 07-Dec-15 16:54:47

Hate them both. If I cannot have at least a metre or so between the source of the music and my ears I just manage with silence.

jinglbellsfrocks Mon 07-Dec-15 13:26:49

In a tv shop yesterday DGS age 11 managed to wheedle a pair of on the ear headphones out of Granny's purse. Prefer earbuds myself as I can listen lying down in bed but headphones best for little'uns.

ninathenana Mon 07-Dec-15 13:18:46

DS aged 24 uses the type pictured he says the plug type just don't stay in.

annodomini Mon 07-Dec-15 13:05:39

If it's any help, my GC, aged 11 and 13 prefer to have decent headsets which give a better sound and don't fall out as earbuds tend to do.

Noplacelikehome Mon 07-Dec-15 11:43:52

I see my loved ones with earplugs as they listen to their mobile devices and tablets. I was thinking of buying over the head headphones - there are a few nice ones on amazon, and they're foldable. I'd feel happier knowing there was some distance between the little bones in the ear and the sounds, but I don't want my purchases to scream 'oh that's old-fashioned' and they never use them. What do you think?