Gransnet forums

Technology

Roku

(12 Posts)
hildajenniJ Fri 05-Feb-16 21:01:37

I am giving my Roku 1 box to my DD as we now have invested in a freesat box which gives us loads of channels and also catch up TV and Netflix.

chelseababy Fri 05-Feb-16 18:11:11

Ive got a NowTV box which I used for catch up tv before I got a Smart tv. Have had no problems with it. If you've any specific question please ask.

mrsmopp Fri 05-Feb-16 16:39:27

This is interesting. Is a Roku similar to a NowTV box also I think Apple has a similar device. We get a lot of channels with a Virgin package including phone and Internet. I am wondering about whether to try a box, would welcome comments from anyone who has a Roku or similar. Our TV is Panasonic in case it makes a difference.

tiredoldwoman Mon 04-Jan-16 09:46:32

Yes, it's comical irony . Used in a confusing, puzzling , ironic happening ! It's daft, it's Scottish - I love it .

Alea Mon 04-Jan-16 08:45:01

Why do you refer to it as a "bird" tiredoldwoman, or is this subtle irony?

A Puddock or taid is a craitur seemilar tae a frog that bides on laund an in fresh watter. Growen puddocks can lowp faur wi their lang shanks. Their eggs is cried taid-spew or taid-redd.

tiredoldwoman Mon 04-Jan-16 07:57:03

I finally googled it , It's The Puddock by John M.Caie . There's a fab reading of it in the Doric on You Tube ! Thanks for this Grannylyn !

tiredoldwoman Sun 03-Jan-16 16:39:05

Grannylyn ! I seem to have heard that before - what's it from ?

ninathenana Sun 03-Jan-16 13:54:20

All double Dutch to me grin

grannylyn65 Sun 03-Jan-16 12:27:19

A puddock sat by a lochans brim
And thocht there was never a puddock like him

tiredoldwoman Sun 03-Jan-16 07:56:09

Took the bull by the horns and phoned BT , they're updating my package to Infinity to avoid additional over the limit broadband usage . It's going to work out cheaper ! More usage for less cash !
A funny bird the puddock .

hildajenniJ Tue 29-Dec-15 14:13:44

I bought Roku 1 last year after our sky + box stopped functioning. We have the talk talk phone and broadband package, and Roku is great with that. What do you get with your BT package. If it delivers broadband, try out the Roku, you might be surprised. I don't need sky now that I have Netflix! tchsmile

tiredoldwoman Tue 29-Dec-15 06:34:56

I've been given this device for Christmas , but I think I'll need to upgrade my ancient BT package ( just when I was trying to cut down home expenses! ) . Will upgrading to Unlimited be ok or do I need to splash cash and upgrade to BT Infinity ? I currently, occasionally, get charged £5 extra for going over my usage .

Tighttechnotwit !