Gransnet forums

Technology

who's on youtube?

(38 Posts)
varian Fri 22-Oct-21 18:57:19

I do maths tutorials with my teenage grandchildren and have discovered an enormous number of YouTube videos on solving quadratic equations!

Amberone Fri 22-Oct-21 18:54:42

Do you mean subscribe to YouTube? I do (not a paid for channel).

I used to just dip in and out but this way I can just login and there are loads of videos waiting from all the people I've subscribed to, plus others that are related. I watch makeup/haircare, DIY/decorating, selling houses, cooking, music/films/theatre, travelogues... all sorts really.

Spent a whole evening watching ballroom dancing one evening, without a hint of screaming audience or crying celebrities, just superstar dancers.

MerylStreep Fri 22-Oct-21 18:48:56

Ninathenanna
If you have a Smart tv you will have a YouTube channel.

MerylStreep Fri 22-Oct-21 18:47:40

Chestnut
You put it on a public Channel.

TinyTwo
Everyone and everything is on YouTube. Anything you need to repair, make, find out info on any subject.

Tizliz Fri 22-Oct-21 17:40:29

Filming unboxing of products is very strange. Someone did a YouTube of them unboxing one of our products, nice but strange

Chestnut Fri 22-Oct-21 17:38:32

I put a video of a birthday party on You Tube years ago but they took out the whole soundtrack, saying I was in breach of copyright for the music! I really don't understand, because there are countless videos of music, whether pop hits or relaxing background music. What did I do wrong? I can't get the soundtrack back.

LullyDully Wed 13-Jan-16 22:04:27

Unwrapping Kinder eggs is a.very odd pastime, especially silly as a spectator sport.

tanith Wed 13-Jan-16 15:51:28

I watch 'how to' videos on utube and can also watch it on the tv.. I do follow utube links from Gransnet now and then.

Pittcity Wed 13-Jan-16 15:46:46

I follow Gransnet on YouTube and am in the lipstick video.
Otherwise I dip in and out whenever a link or search takes me there. It is very useful when you need to find out how to do something.

Tegan Wed 13-Jan-16 15:27:24

Save a lot of money by listening to albums that I intended to buy only to find that I don't like them. If anything in the house needs repairing I'm straight onto utube for a tutorial. Listened to a few of Bowies albums last night, realising that I knew the more popular songs but had never listened to the whole album. As a racing fan I watch a lot of old races. Trouble is, time can just disappear when I'm on utube.

ninathenana Wed 13-Jan-16 15:23:26

I don't understand the phase "have a Youtube.. channel" confused
I do look at Youtube very often these are links posted on FB.

Alima Wed 13-Jan-16 15:20:33

I often watch You Tube. Anything from how to do stuff, maybe fix a tap, old music videos, interviews with favourite people like Jimmy Stewart and Kenneth More etc. I was looking at old photos and newsreel of London the other day. Haven't watched the trending stuff really, mainly because I do not know what is! I think it is an amazing thing.

TinyTwo Wed 13-Jan-16 15:05:12

I was wondering how many of you have a YouTube channel? And what you watch on them? My friend's daughter was showing me a video of Kinder egg 'unboxing' (a new trend apparently) which she found riveting and I found quite odd!