Gransnet forums

Technology

TV picture breaking up and distorted sound.

(7 Posts)
numberplease Wed 08-Jun-16 00:05:24

For a few months now, on a regular basis, our TV picture keeps fracturing in a myriad bits, and the sound is just a load of crackling noise. It disappears when we switch off and back on again, but always comes back later. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this happens, please?

ninathenana Wed 08-Jun-16 00:56:32

Ours does it too sometimes, mostly on the freeview channels.

It seems to be connected to weather conditions. We had trouble tonight in fact.

tiredoldwoman Wed 08-Jun-16 05:20:59

Yes, my bedroom TV was doing it on Sunday night. It give off a horrible cracky noise when it happens too . I've got an indoor aerial on that one so I just wiggled it about until I got a better reception .

suzied Wed 08-Jun-16 05:37:20

Have you got a satellite dish or just an ariel? we have that problem with a bedroom tv that has just got an indoor ariel. But the picture on our main tv, which gets a satellite signal, where we have a sky box, is fine. So it's obviously something to do with the signal the tv is getting. Thinking about it, we changed our main tv to a smart tv, which is connected to the Internet, as we were fed up,with poor reception, and we watch a lot of tv through that.

Teetime Wed 08-Jun-16 06:25:46

Apparently there is a sound problem with the HD transmitter that is being worked according to Samsung

numberplease Wed 08-Jun-16 17:58:33

Suzied, we have an outside aerial.

Jenty61 Wed 08-Jun-16 18:24:18

could be interference from a G4 transmitter you may need a filter for your tv ariel...