Gransnet forums

Technology

TV picture breaking up and distorted sound.

(7 Posts)
Jenty61 Wed 08-Jun-16 18:24:18

could be interference from a G4 transmitter you may need a filter for your tv ariel...

numberplease Wed 08-Jun-16 17:58:33

Suzied, we have an outside aerial.

Teetime Wed 08-Jun-16 06:25:46

Apparently there is a sound problem with the HD transmitter that is being worked according to Samsung

suzied Wed 08-Jun-16 05:37:20

Have you got a satellite dish or just an ariel? we have that problem with a bedroom tv that has just got an indoor ariel. But the picture on our main tv, which gets a satellite signal, where we have a sky box, is fine. So it's obviously something to do with the signal the tv is getting. Thinking about it, we changed our main tv to a smart tv, which is connected to the Internet, as we were fed up,with poor reception, and we watch a lot of tv through that.

tiredoldwoman Wed 08-Jun-16 05:20:59

Yes, my bedroom TV was doing it on Sunday night. It give off a horrible cracky noise when it happens too . I've got an indoor aerial on that one so I just wiggled it about until I got a better reception .

ninathenana Wed 08-Jun-16 00:56:32

Ours does it too sometimes, mostly on the freeview channels.

It seems to be connected to weather conditions. We had trouble tonight in fact.

numberplease Wed 08-Jun-16 00:05:24

For a few months now, on a regular basis, our TV picture keeps fracturing in a myriad bits, and the sound is just a load of crackling noise. It disappears when we switch off and back on again, but always comes back later. Can anyone enlighten me as to why this happens, please?