Gransnet forums

Technology

How can we get wifi in a holiday house with no wifi?

(6 Posts)
MiniMouse Sat 11-Jun-16 16:02:42

Depending on where you are in Sussex Nina is right sad There are lots of Not Spots angry

Pittcity Sat 11-Jun-16 15:51:29

If you have a mobile phone contract you can use modern smartphones as a wifi hotspot. You may have to pay for extra data which you can do as a one off in advance. This does rely on there being signal.

ninathenana Sat 11-Jun-16 13:44:17

Sorry to be doom and gloom but my brother is in Sussex in Horsted Keynes area and he has zero reception.

Jenty61 Sat 11-Jun-16 12:29:14

you can buy pay as you go dongles...have you rung bt they might even do them..

granjura Sat 11-Jun-16 12:25:12

Get a Hotspot WIFi router, pay as you go, from O2. This is what we have at our flat in the Midlands when we visit. Depends how good the coverage is for the area (it's G3/4- and slower than our set up at home, but it works).

Alima Sat 11-Jun-16 11:26:18

We are going to a holiday let in Sussex next week and the house does not have wifi. Is there a way we could get a sort of mobile wifi? I think there is a thing we could get whereby we would get a monthly subscription but would rather do a one-off payment just for the week. Is that called a dongle? We do have BT here so can use hot spots but not sure if there will be one where we are going. ( I know it is a holiday but what with football, soaps, children's progs etc it would be great to have access to the Internet). Thanks in advance for any help!