Gransnet forums

Technology

Question for Hudl users.

(7 Posts)
Kittye Fri 05-Aug-16 19:54:44

Wonder if anyone can help. We have Hudl which is used by grandchildren. We have never used a password but now it is asking for password and showing number keyboard. I suspect one of them has set a password but all deny any knowledge. Any suggestions to what we can do?

phoenix Fri 05-Aug-16 18:20:03

Thanks for the replies, always appreciated!

It's usually the cats I'm trying to photograph, for example last night when they were snuggled up together on the sofa. Turning on extra lights would have probably woken them up and the moment would have been lost!

I will have another look at the settings thing, and see what I can find!

hildajenniJ Fri 05-Aug-16 17:30:08

I have a hudl 2 and sorry to say, it has no flash function. If I take photos indoors I put on all the lights. It's much better for outside photos.
Have you tried the different functions? Lens blur, panorama etc? I have, with rather amusing results. ( They went in the bin)grin

Lona Fri 05-Aug-16 17:24:31

I've got a Hudl, phoenix and the photos are fine. You can fiddle around with them though, have you tried all the settings? (3 little dots at the top right) or along the bottom too.

Tizliz Fri 05-Aug-16 17:19:34

phoenix if it is like my iPad it needs LOTS of light. Better outside.

shysal Fri 05-Aug-16 17:17:31

My Samsung is, I think, similar to a Hudl. As far as I can see it doesn't have a flash option. It takes rubbish photos, so rarely use it, preferring my phone or camera.

phoenix Thu 04-Aug-16 23:12:30

Hello all, as the world's biggest techno numpty, I would appreciate a bit of advice.

When using a Hudl to take indoor photos, is there a facility to sort of get a "flash" type thing, not someone displaying themselves, but something that might make my photos actually show the subject, rather than a sort of moody,"film noir" type effect?

Quite happy with pics of me (thankfully few) looking like that, but would prefer others to look like I see them when I take them!