Gransnet forums

Technology

Ipad update

(3 Posts)
NonnaW Sun 07-Aug-16 11:20:38

Do you force close apps regularly? It helps with memory. (For those that don't know, double click the home button, which shows open apps. Swipe upwards to close.) it can be surprising how many apps are open sometimes. This is a tip. My DS gave me.

Mumsy Sun 07-Aug-16 09:51:50

I downloaded the update and didnt have any problems at all, try restarting your ipad by pressing and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo, and the ipad will restart. It could possibly be because you have stuff running in the background on your ipad.

Auntieflo Sat 06-Aug-16 14:07:18

A couple of days ago my Ipad suggested an update was available, so I thought OK, let's do it. (9.3.4) It took ages, as I'm a bit lax about updates, so it probably had a lot to do. But I so wish I hadn't bothered. The response time to anything is sooooo slow now. Tap on anything and it takes a while to percolate through it's little brain and then agree, mostly to do what I've asked of it. For example, on naming this subject, I typed in ' Ipad' , and it produced ' Wiped' confused. It now has predictive text that appears, sometimes. Why do things change , when not for the better? Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.