Gransnet forums

Technology

Problems upgrading from 7.0

(11 Posts)
GandTea Mon 15-Aug-16 07:59:24

Subject: Tech Support

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and noticed that the new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of space and valuable resources. No mention of this phenomenon was included in the product brochure.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system initialization, where it monitors all other system activity. Applications such as Pokernight 10.3 Drunken Boys Night 2.5 and Sunday Football 5.0 no longer run, crashing the system whenever selected. I cannot seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run some of my other favorite applications.

I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0, but the un-install does not work on this program. Can you help me, please???

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-16 08:07:21

Install Flowers 3.0, Chocolates 1.0 and Dinner Date 7.0.

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-16 08:13:58

You could also try uninstalling Batchelor 2.5. Wife 1.0 automatically deletes Girlfriend 7.0 and any attempt to install a new Girlfriend programme could result in an expensive re-boot.

GandTea Mon 15-Aug-16 08:19:35

I made the serious mistake in uploading "Secretary in short skirt 2.3" this has completely corrupted the operating system which has crashed and refuses to start.

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-16 08:31:17

Re-boot the operating system installing Emergency Romantic Getaway 10.0, obviously immediately uninstall Secretary programme and instead install Male Secretary 3.0 although there is a danger it will interact with Wife 1.0 so it may be worthwhile to pay more and install the Gay Male Secretary programme.

Mumsy Mon 15-Aug-16 08:55:44

GandTea, if you forward me £2000 in cash I can tell you how you can get rid of all your upgrade problems.

GandTea Mon 15-Aug-16 09:06:47

I did try the "Gay male secretary" app, but it kept trying to interact with my personal apps. As least with wife 1. temporary fixes are available.

For £2000 I could get a new lap dancer top, with bloke 10.2 installed.

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-16 09:17:46

When installing the Gay Male Secretary app you should always choose the In a Committed Relationship option. Wife 1.0 temporary fixes are not recommended, you should go for a permanent fix otherwise in the future it could start to install Lover programmes which in turn could install Divorce 2.0 and Living in Bedsit and Broke 8.0

GandTea Mon 15-Aug-16 10:33:13

Sounds like Bloke 10.2 is the best option, anyone want a copy of Wife 1.0 ?

sunseeker Mon 15-Aug-16 10:46:59

Uninstalling Wife 1.0 can prove to be expensive and take some time. You would be better to adjust the Husband 1.0 programme so it runs more smoothly with Wife 1.0

Elegran Mon 15-Aug-16 11:06:17

There are add-ons like Child 1, Child 2 and so on, which can sometimes be effective in improving performance, but are more expensive in the long run that any of the other apps, due to undocumented features and sub-routines that pop up unexpectedly, like Swanky Pram/Carseat Combo 1 and Too-small-in-a-couple-of-weeks clothes 999, and later Driving Lessons 17 and University Fees 18.

There is also the possibility that running Child 1, Child 2 and Child 3 in rapid sequence could seriously affect the smooth running of Blessed Sleep 24/7 and hence Marital Harmony. Even Child 1 often achieves this.