Gransnet forums

Technology

Help" Mobile won't accept password!

(10 Posts)
Elegran Wed 28-Sep-16 10:15:43

Same with banks - nothing wrong with a biscuit tin under the bed.grin

yogagran Wed 28-Sep-16 10:10:56

Phew - what a relief. Sometimes I think that we'd be better off going back to pen and notepad but I love my gadgets too much

Elegran Tue 27-Sep-16 23:13:09

But I had set a password, just this morning, because the phone advised me to! However, I did a reset as described on the net (whatever did we do without it?) and once the phone was on speaking terms with me again I started all the initialising of everything. Signing into my microsoft account seemed to put all the phone numbers etc back into place, so I am back almost to where I was. The notebook stuff has gone so I'll need to re-enter it. Huge sigh of relief! Thanks for all your replies.

yogagran Tue 27-Sep-16 23:04:52

You could try leaving the password box completely blank & then touching "log in". My laptop always asks for a password but I've never set one & just log in by touching the log in button

cornergran Tue 27-Sep-16 21:25:19

If you have a contract take it into the nearest shop. Or one of those 'we fix everything' stalls. There is usually a clever clogs who can advise. Good luck. Frustrating that's for sure.

NfkDumpling Tue 27-Sep-16 21:14:15

Have you looked up your Nokia phone on line? There's usually a Help or Frequently Asked Questions or maybe a forum where you can ask for help.

Elegran Tue 27-Sep-16 21:03:11

There are no buttons at all, just "enter your password" followed by "incorrect password" I typed it in very carefully, because I've been caught out that way before! After three errors, it said "Try again after 1 minute" next time "Try again after 2 minutes " then try again after several hundred thousand minutes, so I can't even try any more things I might have mistyped.

I can't find a pinhole to stick a paperclip into either, to do a hard reset and lose everything saved (phone numbers, email addresses, notes, internet links, messages)

Apparently Nokia are very security conscious, so that thieves can't unlock it!

BiNtHeReDuNiT14 Tue 27-Sep-16 20:41:31

Could you be entering a O where maybe it should be a zero or vice versa ? Happens to me a lot with passwords. Sorry not much help.

yogagran Tue 27-Sep-16 20:30:48

Is there a "forgotten your password" button?

Elegran Tue 27-Sep-16 20:14:28

My phone (Nokia) prompted me to add a password - now it won't accept it, keeps saying it is incorrect! Any ideas how I can unlock it?