Gransnet forums

Technology

Problems with video clips

(4 Posts)
Greyduster Mon 12-Dec-16 11:23:46

Can anyone out there explain why, recently, my iPad will download video clips but the pictures don't move; you just get the soundtrack. The same clips work okay on my iPhone. If I download You Tube clips they are fine, but video links from other sites (gransnet being one of them) don't work. I know the iPad is getting a bit long in the tooth and the phone is new. Might this be relevant?

tanith Mon 12-Dec-16 13:03:40

Greyduster I used to play games on my ipad but recently they stopped working apparently older ipads don't 'support' the new system that these games now use. I need a new one to play them but that's not happening anytime soon grin. Maybe its the same for your video clips.

NanaMacGeek Thu 15-Dec-16 21:48:55

Hello Greyduster, if your iPad doesn't seem to be working as it should, the first thing to try is to close down all your apps and power off the iPad. If you're not sure how to do this, here is a link that should help:-
www.lifewire.com/quit-close-ipad-app-1994490
Turn the iPad back on again and check to see if the problem has been fixed. If it hasn't, close down the open apps again and this time, instead of turning off the iPad, you need to reset/restart it:-
www.imore.com/how-to-restart-reset-iphone-ipad
If that doesn't work, post again as there are a couple of other things you can try.

Greyduster Thu 15-Dec-16 23:00:29

Thanks nanaMacGeek. I'll give that a go tommorrow - it's charging at the mo. tanith I think age may be a contributory factor as you suggest - the iPad not me! Oh I don't know though ?! Like you I can't see there being a new one any time soon.