Gransnet forums

Technology

Do printers do this to you?

(29 Posts)
tanith Tue 07-Feb-17 17:02:47

I could actually jump out of the window, what is it with printers? I must be on my third printer and last year I bought a nice easy to use printer and the cartridges weren't too expensive but I went to print something today and even though the cartridges in the darn thing are practically new it is insisting it won't print until I've changed the cartridges. I am just so angry.

Please don't suggest I do this that or the other because believe me we have tried everything suggested by the manufacturer and by forums that deal with this frustrating stuff.
They are genuine cartridges and we have removed them and they is still plenty of ink in them, even checking the levels in the maintenance mode shows they have plenty but will it work? NO NO NO!!!

Just had to get this off my chest.

Jane10 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:12:00

So true grin

Christinefrance Sat 22-Apr-17 15:21:56

You are a technology whiz sunseeker, how did you know my printer did those things grin

MargaretX Sat 22-Apr-17 19:13:47

Put in the CD you got with the printer and download the software again. If possible try to find where you can choose to print only black and white and see if it prints out.

You could also turn the empty cartidges warning off
good luck!