Gransnet forums

Technology

Photos on Mac or PC ?

(6 Posts)
Atqui Tue 14-Mar-17 17:26:59

My husband is a technophobe and was persuaded by DD to have a Mac for storing and editing photos. I'm used to a Windows PC . Both are getting a bit old now (? The machines as well as us)!and I was thinking of getting a new Mac for us to share , as Imhave an I pad and an I phone . Here's the dilemma. I used to be able to help,DH on the Mac with his photos , but i-photo keeps changing and I am finding it impossible. Can anyone suggest which would be easier to use? I hear that Windows 10 is quite complicated .

br0adwater Tue 14-Mar-17 17:37:55

Go to PC world on a quiet weekday and ask one of their lovely staff to help you.

jollyg Tue 14-Mar-17 18:05:41

Atqui Although Apple send you updates for your Mac, you dont need to download them. If you were happy with the system as was leave it, and dont update.

Pc worlds advice worthwhile , I think not, in any dealings I have had with them , I have found them most unsatisfactory.

Im a Mac user, and happy.

Karanlouise Tue 14-Mar-17 18:08:57

I really can't get on with Windows 10, in particular on a computer tablet. I gave up and bought an android which was much simpler. Think broadwaters suggestion is a really good one, as it's would of saved me time and money and sometimes tears of frustration. And i used to teach IT!! smile

jollyg Wed 15-Mar-17 09:56:13

For info I am on Mac 10.8.5, Macbook

Atqui Wed 15-Mar-17 16:39:57

Thanks to those who posted.