Gransnet forums

Technology

Samsung A5 mobile phone

(8 Posts)
Marmight Sat 29-Apr-17 07:42:50

I have just acquired a Samsung mobile (after using iPhone.). I am gradually working my way round it which isn't bad for a complete technophobe. However, I am having trouble downloading the Gransnet app. I have just spent 2 hours going round in circles and the thing is about to join the iPhone on the scrap heap. Can anyone give me help (in one syllable words!). confused

Anya Sat 29-Apr-17 08:06:43

Gransnet app?

I don't have one on my mobile I just go into chrome or google and type in gransnet and in I go. My password is saved so no hassle.

Didn't even know there was a GN app.

Marmight Sat 29-Apr-17 08:11:14

I had one on the iPhone so assumed it would happen in the new phone!

NanaandGrampy Sat 29-Apr-17 08:44:18

I click on the Internet icon, type in gransnet and once logged in , stay logged in. By using the web version you get the full experience rather than the pared down app version.

I too went from years of iPhone to the Samsung S5.

I'm heading right back to the iPhone next year. I just don't like it.

Pittcity Sat 29-Apr-17 08:44:37

It's not an app. You can add a shortcut icon to your home screen which is just a quick link to the website.
Open Gransnet on your phone by Googling or through your internet browser.
On the Samsung browser click on MORE , top right (it is three dots on Chrome) Choose "Add shortcut on home screen" et voila!

mcem Sat 29-Apr-17 08:51:02

I've had a couple of Samsungs but never downloaded a GN app. I don't use GN on Twitter or FB either.
Like anya I go to chrome and find that my most frequently used sites including GN, pop up automatically in the search box - the one in the middle of the screen. If over the day I go to several sites without clearing the history, I do have to click away each site one by one until GN reappears.

shysal Sat 29-Apr-17 09:44:52

My method on Samsung S4 mini is similar to that of Pittcity. Search for GN and open in your browser. Go to menu on bottom left below screen. Choose 'Add shortcut to home screen'

Marmight Mon 01-May-17 06:40:38

Thanks for the advice. I shall now go and do my 'homework' wink