Having access to a search engine has had a huge impact on my life. I research prospective tenants, look up how to do stuff, find out what's happening locally, check out recipes and inform myself about current events etc. Most days I look something up at least half a dozen times, probably more. I relish the immediacy of the response and the opportunity to 'compare and contrast' the range of information given. My last search was on stove fans - I saw a reference to them and had no idea what they are. I do now. Over to you; what was the last thing you googled (other search engines are available).
Marmight I have a pair of Mr E's wellies which date from his student holiday job helping dig the tunnels at Cruachan circa 1956. They are marked as belonging to McAlpine's. I wouldn't even need to make many holes, as they already let in water.
Elegran. I'd forgotten about St. Monans. All a bit ott !I was there recently . Apparently you make drainage holes in the soles and fill with gravel and then soil. I have a pair of J's old Musto sailing boots and thought it would be a good idea to plant them up rather than send to a charity shop.
Rosina It is worth googling any number you are unsure of as it is very likely that someone will have reported it. Look at a couple of sites if you don't see it on the first one. My smartphone is quite good at warning me that a call might be spam or a telemarketer.
I wonder how many others have done what I did and looked up some of the things that were mentioned on here? It's such a brilliant resource to have isn't it? I've just checked out dog day care providers on behalf of a relative, the location of the place we're having a family meal this afternoon and where I can source Norwegian food products in this country.
Are vitamin B12 injections also used for pain relief. Could find nothing specific about that but it's part if the daily injections the doctor has prescribed for my sciatica plus a high strength anti inflammatory. Boy do the Vit B12 ones sting for quite a long time afterwards
Marmight the Blue Flames, but no doubt you found that out. Saw GF and his sons a few years back he was as good as ever and had a phenomenal memory for the 60s. Anyway I digress.
How to use old wellie boots as garden 'pots'. Georgie Fame (as I couldn't remember the name of his group), WH Auden, as I couldn't believe he was only 66 when he died, and sofas
Yes - I had one of these messages left on my answerphone too; my 'last chance to avert court action' and I had to ring the woman back at once ; she added 'This message is for YOU' - clearly didn't even know my name! I tried ringing the number back but it was constantly engaged; I hope it wasn't people being ripped off as I would have loved to string her along to hear what kind of rubbish they were trying to 'sell' to me and then put the phone down.
Do conkers deter spiders (inspired by GN thread) Kenilworth castle (thinking of a visit) John Fletcher music (to practice a piece we are singing n choir)
I do love to look at a good property. In last weeks Sunday supplement there was a beautiful cottage for sale in a Suffolk village, Grade II listed. Sadly, it looks as if it's on a busy road but it is lovely, the interior is very stylish and it has a fantastic garden. Worse, at not much less than a million pounds it's very much out of my price range but I can dream, can't I?
Like others, I google stuff all the time. I just wish my father was still around to appreciate the amazingness (should that be 'amazeballs'?) of it all. Regrettably he died just as home computers were coming in. He would have loved it all but he just missed out. Our generation is definitely the lucky one. Hmm - what did I last look up? Train times to Reading.