Gransnet forums

Technology

A safe way for unlocking Windows password

(9 Posts)
Pouer Thu 28-Feb-19 07:33:41

If I crack the login password by brute force, i'm worried that the data on my computer will be lost,it's a possibility,
My computer has been locked for 4 days,but i still can not do anything.
I need a safe way to do this. It's not a threat to my computer.
Any suggestions?

B9exchange Fri 01-Mar-19 14:13:48

Which operating system are you running?

Pouer Sun 03-Mar-19 06:22:52

Windows 10 computer,what do you suggest?

Willow500 Sun 03-Mar-19 07:08:52

Have you Googled it - I'm not sure there is a way to do it without re-installing Windows again which will lose your data. I have managed to open one running XP using a piece of software years ago but all the ones we had returned to work in recent years if I couldn't get the password from the user I ended up wiping them. Do you know any IT experts?

Elegran Sun 03-Mar-19 19:31:39

If you can remember the username you used, you could try going to the Windows/Microsoft log-in page from a different computer, where you will be asked for username and password.

The log-in screen may have a note saying something like "Forgotten your password? Click here" and when you select that, it takes you to a page where you can ask for a new password to be sent to the email address you gave when you started the Windows account.

If you can't remember your username either, or the email address you gave, or if there is no opportunity to have them send you a new password, then I don't know what you can do.

Pouer Mon 04-Mar-19 09:55:22

Google told me that i can use the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor,i did but but it's too complicated for me,i am trying somthing else.

Willow500 Mon 04-Mar-19 12:17:49

I've just found this on Youtube - it looks pretty easy and there is a link to the actual software too.

www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=is+there+a+way+to+get+into+a+Windows+10+laptop+if+you%27ve+lost+the+login+password&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#kpvalbx=1

Pouer Thu 07-Mar-19 01:36:15

@Willow500
Thank you for you advice. it will be tested on my computer now.

Essaery Mon 11-Mar-19 09:07:00

I am wondering what "brute force"means?
As long as you ask for help from some third-party software to unlock Windows password,they all reset password by brute force.
But that doesn't mean they will hurt your computer.
Trying these program:
www.mobiledic.com/windows-topic/unlock-a-locked-windows-computer.html
www.openwall.com/john/