Gransnet forums

Technology

Recommendation for outdoor security camera

(29 Posts)
bikergran Thu 28-Mar-19 08:01:02

Having recently looked into ctv cameras (to try and catch the dirty sod who lets their dog/s sh*t right outside my dd house on the grass very where my gs get in car) you have to be very careful where you place these cameras.

I need to put one on the tree outside her home (the tree is in her garden) but! you are not allowed to place the camera where it looks on to neighbouring property or on a public highway/path etc. (apparently

But moving on,,, Aldi occasionally have a ctv kit think for around £160 complete.
Also if you are with British Gas they have a security camera (think its called a Hive) and its linked to your phone vis an app.

Obviously you need one with a continuous loop/wireless so it records all the time and has some kind of storage/hard drive. Have a google and look at reviews.

A cheaper way is Wildlife cameras but these can take a lot of batteries.

crystaltipps Wed 27-Mar-19 21:42:16

We have one so we can see the cars on our drive and who is at the front door. You can see it on an app on your phone, so even if you are out or on holiday you can view the picture. We can also set our alarm via a mobile phone app.

callgirl1 Wed 27-Mar-19 21:14:54

We have 4. A few years ago, someone cut a piece of glass out of our back door, so my eldest son bought and installed 2, one to cover the back yard and the other over the front door, focused on the ground right outside the front door and window, where the car was when my husband was alive. A year or 2 later, he talked us into another 2, one covering the passage at the side of our end terraced, the other over the front door again, but focused on the road upwards from the house. They do give you that extra secure feeling, knowing that if anything occurs you can rewind them and hopefully see the culprit. I`m afraid that I`m no help regarding makers names or the technical side of things, that bit goes right over my head!

jeanie99 Mon 25-Mar-19 21:18:09

After malicious damage to our car on the drive we are considering having an outdoor security camera installed.
Does anyone have this type of camera and could provide us with advice.