Gransnet forums

Technology

Plusnet mobile sim - warning.

(3 Posts)
Greeneyedgirl Thu 28-Nov-19 09:15:10

You are unfortunate with Plusnet. We have had them for years and their Yorkshire call centre has always been super helpful if we've had a problem.
I think they're a subsidiary of BT.

jeanie99 Thu 28-Nov-19 09:09:18

Sorry to here about your problems what a nightmare.

I am in the process of moving from Plusnet to 3. We are in a bad signal area and most days I am unable to get service in my home. When I signed up two months ago they did not tell me they don't support WIFI calling which they should have done knowing the signal problem.
I rang them up yesterday for the PAC code and was cut off because of the signal problem while speaking to them.
Not impressed with the company at all.

ayse Wed 27-Nov-19 13:20:37

After a week of going back and forward to the Apple shop and spending time on the phone talking to Plusnet, I went online yesterday to see what others said.

The problem: SIM card working for calls and texts but no data. Yesterday I found that I was not alone and others had problems accessing data from Plusnet. I must have wasted at least 10 hours trying to get it fixed.

I just can’t recommend that anyone takes a Sim from them even though customer service was good.

They use the EE network but it seems that something is wrong with their configurations and cannot be fixed on I-phones. There is a fix for Androids but looks rather complicated.