Gransnet forums

Technology

iPhone11

(16 Posts)
Superdupagran Thu 02-Jan-20 14:33:37

So my grandson called Bryan bought me an iPhone but I don’t know how to use it so I joined gransnet for some help. It was already used as he got the pro instead but do you guys know what cranberry and pineapple juice is used for and it’s all in him search history amoung other things and I really need some help with trying to understand this new phone as I’m confused what an emoji is but thanks for the help guys!

MiniMoon Thu 02-Jan-20 14:54:24

Oh for heaven's sake!

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 15:06:52

It's very important that you use a sonic screwdriver to connect and adjust the flangegasket, and of course turn it at a right angle to the moog.

Failure to do this could compromise the functionality of the crank handle, and we all know what that can lead too!

NanaandGrampy Thu 02-Jan-20 16:01:12

That’s priceless advice Phoenix ??

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 16:37:53

Thank you NanaandGrampy

I tried to just cover the basics and put too much technical info in, after all, it's essential not to overwhelm new users.

Once these aspects have been mastered, I'm sure they will be ready to move on to programming the coordinates on the hedge fund raglan, providing of course that they do it using reverse magnetic weasel grips. (Preferably size 2, as the size 3 have rather tricky calcified nips)

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 16:39:15

NOT put too much technical info in! Must remember to use the anti polarity preview before posting.

MissAdventure Thu 02-Jan-20 16:40:13

Nothing worse, in my opinion, than finding your nips calcified.

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 16:50:33

Indeed MissA, indeed. You never know when you might need size 3 weasel grips. Best to keep them in tip top condition, a wipe over with Mumble & Snodgrass Universal solution, and a dusting of powdered sulphide of antimacassar seems to work best, imo, but if others have found a better method I'd be glad to hear it.

Nortsat46 Thu 02-Jan-20 17:48:14

phoenix it’s not very helpful, that you omitted to tell the OP that they must randomise the landscape and future proof the indicators.
They need to remember to average the stretch targets and de prioritise the USP whilst marginalising the risk matrix with a data dump maximisation.
Of course, they mustn’t overlook the mapping of the key interventions, the segmentation of the peripherals and the scoping of the deactivation code conventions ....

After that and following your sound advice ... I think they can move on to Phase ll ...

aggie Thu 02-Jan-20 18:15:41

Best advice I got was to press the Off button , place the article in a duster and deposit in the bottom drawer of the furthest room , or top of the wardrobe , whichever suits
Forget Phase 11 go to Phase 10

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 18:35:33

Oh Nortsat46 how could I have overlooked such basic stuff blush mea culpa!

They'll never get the hang of the sidewinder glowmaster now confused

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 19:29:50

Where has the OP gone?

Once they'd sussed set up mode, I was going to give some advice on use of emoji (they did ask) especially the aubergine one...........

Lovetopaint037 Thu 02-Jan-20 20:26:42

Fancy Brian leaving her in such a state!
Never mind you have all helped no end. I am now aware of all sorts that I had no idea about.

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 20:49:45

The GN community are here to help Lovetopaint, you only have ask.

Just shout when you get to the grunge sprocket, that can be a bit a bit of a bugger. Unless of course you have a cross threaded widget.

Nortsat46 Thu 02-Jan-20 23:22:09

phoenix - it’s always the cross threaded widget !
... but I think you need to be a mature woman of wit and experience to know that. Hence it may have eluded the OP ...

phoenix Thu 02-Jan-20 23:33:39

An Norstat46, I can see that you have experienced the trials and tribulations of it too!

How frustrating is it??!! Almost as bad as displacing ones cordwangler when needing to change the grange.

But then, I expect we've all been there, at some point!