Gransnet forums

Technology

ZOOM

(30 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 28-Apr-20 13:21:06

I've noted that several members use Zoom for various reasons. Is there also a Zoom "group" in Gransnet with a "host"?
Our OAP comp. class is currently closed down for the duration so an enterprising member has formed us into a group to allow members to maintain video and/or audio contact.
Being a novice I'm allowed a stupid question . grin
Would I be able to join from OZ, subject to invitation of course? hmm
Good Health

boheminan Thu 30-Apr-20 18:41:03

This has been such a helpful thread.

A friend and myself are venturing out on our first zoom venture next week, when the music session usually held in our local pub is going through to around 25 participants homes instead.

It's been an uphill struggle muddling our way through this, as neither of us have used zoom before, but determination has been a huge factor. It's going to be hard to get everyone to mute as we're all used to joining in and harmonising when others sing. I like the idea of everyone bringing a bottle, tinny or mug of tea with them....

notnecessarilywiser Thu 30-Apr-20 20:30:53

@Doodledog - well done! You'll be helping others out now!

@grannyactivist - I, too, would love to hear any tips about how to appear to best advantage online. I want friends and family to be thinking "it'll be so nice to see her in person once this is over" rather than "blimey, she's deteriorated a lot since we saw her last". grin

Rufus2 Fri 01-May-20 13:00:28

blimey, she's deteriorated a lot since we saw her last
Notnecessarily etc. They wouldn't say that, would they? hmm
Btw; your tongue is still in your cheek! grin
No! they're more likely to say that you've aged gracefully and still very clever knowing all about ZOOM! grin
Good Health

Rufus2 Fri 01-May-20 14:29:34

I think that anonymity can be preserved by telling participants (by PM) the Meeting Code and Password
notnecessarily (Please pick a more concise name!) grin
That sounds like hard work! I was thinking more of me being a client, not a host. hmm
Do you think there would be a future for GNHQ to canvas for members' existing Zoom groups. particularly during these lock downs and even after when many people would be nervous of returning to "normal" gatherings.?
Some "meet-ups", for example!? hmm
OoRoo