EilaRose
Could not live without Roomba! For anyone with a bad back, it's not a luxury, in fact, it's not a luxury at any time...life's too short to spend time vacuuming floors!
About 10 or 11 yrs ago I bought a no-name robot, it died within 20 mins, was replaced by the store and the second one died in 9 minutes!! Demanded a refund and spent the extra on a Roomba, should have done that in the beginning.
Since moved to a split level house so bought another Roomba on Gumtree as the man didn't like it and their cat was frightened. Now I have both cleaning at the same time, one upstairs and one down....it's heaven! Roomba cleans the low, level pile floor rug but can't get into the shag pile rug, other than that, nothing stops it.
Then when the one in the living area has finished, I set the Roomba Brava Jet to work mopping the hard floors.
Recently I checked out robot lawnmowers at a Husqvarna store but it would cost in around Au$5k...they still could not answer my question, what is to stop someone driving up the street (or walking) from stealing the mower. The only answer they could give was 'it will beep' ...so unless the thief is put off by 'beeps' he/she wouldn't be perturbed! LOL
For now I'll still to robot vacuum and mopping, my back loves both.
Re anti-theft for the robot lawnmower, I have to enter a security code into mine if I need to restart it for any reason. Also, it has GPS, so if somebody took it I'd know where it was! It's true that it was expensive, but less than the cost of replacing our elderly ride-on mower, which will hopefully keep going for years now that I only need to do bits and pieces with it, and not the acre of main lawn.