Gransnet forums

Technology

Passwords

(32 Posts)
susieq3 Wed 31-Mar-21 14:59:26

Hi Ladies.
I have been having trouble lately with logging on to a couple of sites. I put in my usual email address and password and am told my password is wrong or doesn’t match with my email address. So I change my password, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn’t. My frustration has been boiling over lately. I don’t want to have to log in with a password or have to keep changing it. Does anyone else have this problem.

henetha Fri 02-Apr-21 11:11:41

Hello Cornishpasty, I'm a Devonshire dumpling.
I do something similar to what you do, regarding passwords.

Rufus2 Fri 02-Apr-21 11:57:15

Thinking of all those poor cats having to be re-named; although it's said that they have nine lives, so they must be used to it! grin

robew Sun 02-May-21 14:48:44

It is true that it is annoying to have to change your password several times.

Rufus2 Sun 02-May-21 15:29:14

It is true that it is annoying to have to change your password several times
robew Even your cat can get annoyed having to have a name change several times! grin .

mrswoo Sun 02-May-21 16:55:27

I use a password manager - mSecure. I only need to remember one password in order to open it. I add and update my own passwords when needed but they can also be auto-generated. I also store important information e.g passport and NHS numbers as well as addresses, birthdays and so on.
It’s really easy to use and is very safe as long as you remember the one password to open the app!

Lovetopaint037 Mon 21-Jun-21 10:12:12

Calendargirl

FindingNemo15

My friend suggested buying an A-Z address book and putting under say Amazon, Bank, Ebay, GN, etc.etc. Obviously remember where you have hidden the book and to revise if you have the need to change your password.

That’s a good idea, I recently re-wrote all my passwords in a little notebook in alphabetical order, but if you have to add new ones, can end up out of sync.

Might try the address book one, think I have a spare somewhere.

Been doing that for years along with insurance numbers etc etc. Phone numbers anything of importance. I even have names of family members belonging to neighbours who send Christmas cards to save my ageing brain from having to add “and family”.